Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2821 of 4416 FirstFirst ... 1821 2321 2721 2771 2811 2820 2821 2822 2831 2871 2921 3321 3821 ... LastLast
Results 28,201 to 28,210 of 44160

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Weedwoman those are very cute little thread catchers/pin cushions, but how did you get them round like that?

Nancy
    I couldn't find anything that was recommended for the project (boning or the heavy strapping used for shipping) so I raided my cupboard and found an empty margerine container and cut strips, stitched them end to end on Elaine and covered the strip with batting and it worked great. Pretty cheap way to go. I live in a very small town with basically zero shopping options so you make do but I kind of like putting the old brain to work like that.

Happy Birthday Miriam!
    “Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.” - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Like the thread catchers. My is called a plastic white trash can sitting next to machine, but for some reason I have more threads on the floor than in the trash cans.
    I never hit a trash can so I like my little fabric bowls better for at the sewing machine. This one I made to use when I sit in my ez chair doing hand work or cross stitching to catch threads. It's weighted and sits well on the arm of the chair. It was a new project I just had to try.

Thanks everyone for all your feedback about clicking/clacking noises. Lillian and Pocahontas both sew wonderfully regardless of their clicks and clacks.
    “Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.” - Oscar Wilde

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
    Sold by "Hale's Good Good's", attached is add from 1910.
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=2023,2749104
    Fascinating! My sister and I started to look at other articles and soon discovered that it's from San Jose, California, where we grew up! How did you find this? It would be interesting to see more of the newspaper.
    Please post your pet's - past and present -pictures at http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ds-t32280.html

Quote Originally Posted by buslady View Post
    Was rusty, no cabinet, no attachments, rough. I told her it wasnt worth anywhere near that.
    Seems like a lot of sewing machine pricing on CL and ebay is done while "under the influence" of something.
    Jon

Blog Entries
    Happy B'Day, Miriam!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    http://bloomington.craigslist.org/atq/2712280568.html
    shazam that is a neat little piece.
    I just got one of those last Wednesday. Needs a needle. I spent "forever" looking for directions on how to thread it and what kind of needle. I need to do some rust cleaning on the foot and that thingy that helps keep the seams constant.

It's cute and I'm looking forward to giving this a go. The felt is nearly gone -- I guess I should replace that. BTW, I paid $50 plus tax.
    Please post your pet's - past and present -pictures at http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ds-t32280.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedwoman View Post
    I couldn't find anything that was recommended for the project (boning or the heavy strapping used for shipping) so I raided my cupboard and found an empty margerine container and cut strips, stitched them end to end on Elaine and covered the strip with batting and it worked great. Pretty cheap way to go. I live in a very small town with basically zero shopping options so you make do but I kind of like putting the old brain to work like that.
    Wow! I figured you used some of those round inserts for purse handles! Very innovative and the margarine tubs work! I take it Elaine didn't complain too much about sewing them together? Nice job!

Nancy
    Last edited by BoJangles; 11-21-2011 at 07:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    I think you can use pieces of metal tape measures. My DH is a carpenter and sometimes he breaks his and I take 'em apart and cut them for different things. Must be careful of sharp edges, though.
    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Randa