Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2823 of 4416 FirstFirst ... 1823 2323 2723 2773 2813 2822 2823 2824 2833 2873 2923 3323 3823 ... LastLast
Results 28,221 to 28,230 of 44160

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Wow! I figured you used some of those round inserts for purse handles! Very innovative and the margarine tubs work! I take it Elaine didn't complain too much about sewing them together? Nice job!

Nancy
    Someone made one of those and gave it to me. She used the plastic tubing that is used in aquariums. Worked real good for me when I could find it!
    Dirty1mom
    Cleveland, OH

Blog Entries
    I sent her an email. It is a drive for me, but well worth it. Thanks for the heads up.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Quote Originally Posted by sew wishful View Post
    I think you can use pieces of metal tape measures. My DH is a carpenter and sometimes he breaks his and I take 'em apart and cut them for different things. Must be careful of sharp edges, though.
    Fishtank tubing works well, too.
    -Karen
    There's no such thing as too many sewing machines!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBoats View Post
    Fishtank tubing works well, too.
    You guys are so full of cool ideas! I have made a clutch type purse using metal measuring tapes cut up! That works really good when you need the bag to snap shut. The tubing, either medical or aquarium tubing, is a great idea! I never think about sewing plastic with the machines - did you use a leather needle, heavier thread?

Nancy

Miriam, I hope you had a great birthday!
    Last edited by BoJangles; 11-22-2011 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    You guys are so full of cool ideas! I have made a clutch type purse using metal measuring tapes cut up! That works really good when you need the bag to snap shut. The tubing, either medical or aquarium tubing, is a great idea! I never think about sewing plastic with the machines - did you use a leather needle, heavier thread?
    Nancy
    Didn't even enter my mind to use a heavier needle. I just slapped it under the foot and off she went. Used reg thread cause I went over it a few times so it would be secure. I like the tubing idea also. Isn't it fun to see what works for a way lesser cost? That's the fun of being creative. Keep the ideas coming.

Blog Entries
    Hmm, I gonna have to keep reading in here - there's much more info than just vintage machines. You ladies are great!

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    I guess the only gift I got was a body bag from my BFF... I've been thinking about quilting or decorating it up. Why not green burial. But then again the straps might rot before I desperately need it. I sure would hate for the straps to fall off when somebody picks it up with my remains in it... BFF's DH got a bunch from work. Don't ask me.... It was being pitched... I wonder what all that nice fabric could be used for. It is a very heavy nylon. BFF says I would think up something to do with the fabric. (I have two bags) Maybe we can cut the poison ivy/sumac off to the ground and cover the ground with bag parts... I would need more bags though. With my luck those weeds would grow back around the bag 4 times as many....
    I actually paid for my body bag:> I use it around the house for Halloween to add ambiance. You can ask Nancy. She saw it;>

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bloomin'Iris View Post
    Oh Glenn, are you willing to help another in need? I have a few cabinets I'm looking to do sometime soon and have no clue about what I will be doing. I've read where you've helped a couple of others, mind if I take a number?
    Ask away I am always glad to help members with these sewing machine cabinets
    Last edited by Glenn; 11-22-2011 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Delete second image
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    I actually paid for my body bag:> I use it around the house for Halloween to add ambiance. You can ask Nancy. She saw it;>
    I guess the body bags could hold all the dead sewing machines, sewing projects I started but never finished, etc - keep the dust off for a while - keep all that in one place... I also thought about making them do compost. Just stick in the leaves and keep turning it unzip in the spring - dirt - turn it wrong side out and hose it off. I guess it would be ok until the zipper rotted or the handles rot off. BFF said I would come up with a use for them.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Wowza..body bags? Not a topic I thought would come up in VSMS. That is really cool. I bet it does add ambience around Halloween. Totally cool!

I had to increase my bid a bit on the the 15, but I can't increase it anymore. If I get outbid again, it was just not meant to be.

I was looking through my bookmarks and can't find the site where you can enter your serial number and it tells you what year your machine is. Can someone post a link to it?

Thanks.

~M~
    Proud mom/step-mom to 8 children. We promote awareness of Autism and Huntington's Disease. Please pm me if interested in sending Campbell's Soup Labels or box tops which we collect for our kids' schools.