Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-23-2011, 07:04 AM

Yesterday I was making friendship stars with my Featherweight with the other ladies who make quilts of valor for the soldiers @ Fort Hood Army base. She sewed a wonderful stitch and was chatting with her sister FW, 3 other ladies use a FW or a 301.
Sharon W. in Texas
Old 11-23-2011, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Can you guys tell me why when I post a picture, one comes out as an attachment, the other one actually shows the picture?

Nancy
I dunno Nancy...can you try it again?
Old 11-23-2011, 07:40 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Can you guys tell me why when I post a picture, one comes out as an attachment, the other one actually shows the picture?

Nancy
Hi Nancy,
When I clicked on the attachment I got this message: Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
You've got a pretty 319!
Sharon W.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:49 AM

I have a confession to make. I am going to PAINT one of my cabinets!

My 201 came in a cabinet that is pressed wood. No veneer, just a dark stain. It's butt ugly. I've looked for a "new" cabinet for her, and in over a year, that just doesn't seem to be happening! So I've decided to put my dubious decorative painting skills to work...I will paint the cabinet white, because I picked up a stool at one of the thrifts that had been painted white, and I'm too lazy to remove the paint, and then add some decorative touches...several things have floated through my head... Hindeloopen (a Dutch form of decorative painting), roses maybe?, or sewing notions... have not yet decided on that part...will decorate the stool tho, to match.

What do you think? Will I be banned from the club for this action? What would be your choice of decorative touches?
Old 11-23-2011, 08:06 AM

Charlee, I would go for it. I'm sure it would be very nice. The machine and cabinet would be very happy with whatever you do to make her pretty. Also not to be thrown in the dump some place.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:08 AM

Want to wish everyone on the board a very Happy Thanks Giving. Know most of everyone will be busy in the kitchen know I will be but, try and get some treadle time in.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:26 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Crossstitcher, and to all of my friends here!
Old 11-23-2011, 08:27 AM

This link was posted on the Vintage Treadle Sewing Machine yahoo group....a partial manual for a W&W 9! I think this manual is one of the hardest to come by!

http://ia700508.us.archive.org/24/it...ilson_no_9.pdf
Old 11-23-2011, 08:34 AM

Nancy, I've never used the bight control and I do get skipped stitches with the 319's if sewing on something with too small a needle. What size were you using? I'd go with a larger needle and see if that helps. I don't thing the bite area does anything...or at least that I've ever noticed. I've gotten skipped stitches with some of my various other vintage machines for the same reason. I have much better results with a bigger needle in these, especially when I'm sewing through 5 layers of fabric when putting on a binding.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:36 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Enjoy this time of family and friendship. I am very excited, my DD is comung up to sew today. Neither of my girls have ever shown any interest in sewing before. I am really looking forward to the day. Just one more thing to be thankful for.