Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2865 of 4372 FirstFirst ... 1865 2365 2765 2815 2855 2864 2865 2866 2875 2915 2965 3365 3865 ... LastLast
Results 28,641 to 28,650 of 43719

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Motif, I love that quilt. Very pretty. Is that a darning foot for a vintage machine? Do they all look that way? That's a pretty neat foot.
    Proud mom/step-mom to 8 children. We promote awareness of Autism and Huntington's Disease. Please pm me if interested in sending Campbell's Soup Labels or box tops which we collect for our kids' schools.

Vintage Sewing Machine in Crystal Springs, MS for Sale

The vintage sewing machine for sale in Crystal Springs, MS, with the glass case, is for sale at $400.
    You can call Cliff at 601-506-7681 to ask about this sewing machine.

The machine is see at this link:

http://www.crystalspringsmiss.com/pa...large/7785.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mpeters1200 View Post
    Vintage Motif, I love that quilt. Very pretty. Is that a darning foot for a vintage machine? Do they all look that way? That's a pretty neat foot.
    No, it is not a darning foot for vintage machines. This is the foot that comes with the Davis Vertical Feed machines. This is a walking foot, but designed to work with the Davis VF, or in this case Davis New Vertical Feed.

Here is a video of a Davis NVF machine (one like mine) in action.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rxpWrP5Wrc

Notice that the machine doesn't have feed dogs and that the foot moves the fabric.
    These machines are awesome to quilt with and attach bindings. And the machine handles quilting flannel without any problems.

I own two of these machines. The difference in the two machines is the tension area. They take standard needles.
    Name:  Screen shot 2011-12-02 at 11.40.36 PM.png
Views: 413
Size:  1.10 MBName:  Screen shot 2011-12-02 at 11.42.25 PM.png
Views: 291
Size:  1.03 MB

And a close up of the foot.
    Name:  Screen shot 2011-12-02 at 11.50.14 PM.png
Views: 255
Size:  278.6 KB

Blog Entries
    I want a DVF baaaaaad!
    I watched the video; the needle moves the fabric not the foot.
    I am going to work on a new way to put on bindings with a binding folder. As any one tried it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyllis nm View Post
    I want a DVF baaaaaad!
    I watched the video; the needle moves the fabric not the foot.
    I am going to work on a new way to put on bindings with a binding folder. As any one tried it?
    http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/atq/2728934657.html I've been watching to see if this will go down.... I wish...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    I made a new post Has anybody got tension problems???
    It's just some video/info on tensions.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    No, it is not a darning foot for vintage machines. This is the foot that comes with the Davis Vertical Feed machines. This is a walking foot, but designed to work with the Davis VF, or in this case Davis New Vertical Feed.

Notice that the machine doesn't have feed dogs and that the foot moves the fabric.
    These machines are awesome to quilt with and attach bindings. And the machine handles quilting flannel without any problems.

I own two of these machines. The difference in the two machines is the tension area. They take standard needles.

Those are beautiful machines. I want one for my collection, but I'm still looking.

Texas Jan

Blog Entries

Here is a video of a Davis NVF machine (one like mine) in action.

Monica, you are lucky to own two Davis VF machines, is the one a HC? I can't see the crank from the photo? I too love my DVF, but mine is the older model - 1886 - and it doesn't take regular needles! The older DVF machines use the Davis Longs or Boye 10 needles, which are pricey but available on E-Bay!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Once my latest project is finished, I'll be making some Christmas ornaments that are filled with lavender that I grew and harvested this year. This is what I'm working on, but I keep getting distracted with other ideas for Christmas gifts. The thinner strip on right is what I have done today. Tonight will be the strip that goes on the left. All quilting is done on my Davis NVF.

Attachment 292674Attachment 292675
    Monica, I love the quilt! The stitches look perfect, is that your Davis Vertical Feed's stitches? If so, you have that machine adjusted perfect!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mpeters1200 View Post
    DING DING DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

I am so excited. This is why I love this board. The problem is not with my thread, which makes me happy since it was my first big spool purchase. I changed the needle AGAIN. I had the last one in correctly, but apparently it had a burr thingy in it. Needles were pretty expensive, so I hate losing one right off the bat, but I'm glad the problem is gone. I even did some stitching on the actual quilt and have had great success! WooHoo! I am back in business!
    Yippeeeeeee! Isn't it a good feeling when things get sorted out? I felt the same way when I finally figured out why my 319w was skipping stitches!

Nancy