Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2875 of 4380 FirstFirst ... 1875 2375 2775 2825 2865 2874 2875 2876 2885 2925 2975 3375 3875 ... LastLast
Results 28,741 to 28,750 of 43792

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sew wishful View Post
    If I posted a pic of a cabinet could someone here tell me what should go in it? The hole measures 7" x 14" with about a 1" x 3" piece cut out on the left of the machine by the bobbin plate. I love the cabinet but none of the Singers fit in it. Wish I could find a machine to fit it. Or a name or something on it. One large deep drawer on it on the right.
    It sounds like a White Rotary cabinet. Not sure which model fits in it though. My 1903 fits a 14 x 7-1/2" opening.

Texas Jan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Oh my, I WANT that cabinet! It is even more desirable to me now that I know it is for a Pfaff! It would be perfect for my Mother's Pfaff 130! Now, I need to get to Elk Grove to buy it! http://sacramento.craigslist.org/fuo/2736262586.html

Nancy
    Your Pfaff would look very elegant with this cabinet.
    I once saw a Necchi BU in a cabinet similar to these at a second hand store, but the cabinet had been damaged and the machine was missing some parts.
    So, if a Necchi fits and a Pfaff fits then does a Singer fit this cabinet too? Necchi Bu fits a Singer cabinet.
    Last edited by vintagemotif; 12-05-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    As a side note, the machine I bought from Goodwill was clean, bright and shiny and works perfectly. Probably the strongest motor in the house (Matsushti). It shipped for a whopping $17+ and was well packed though the box was flimsier than I would have chosen. I paid $6.99, plus the $2 fee. It's a Japanese machine branded Admiral, apparently made by Brother, but it looks like a Necchi. The feed dogs do drop and it has the vertical bobbin I want for FMQ. So why do I want to sell it? Because I have too many machines and still want another 301 and a Redeye.

I can understand the desire for a colored machine, though I would like my next 301 in black.

Candace, I do want to congratulate you on finding another 301. My previous post didn't sound like that.

Does anyone know where I can find the original price for vintage Singer sewing machines? I had the information at one time, but don't know where I found it. I need help!
    Thanks, Janis

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janis View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find the original price for vintage Singer sewing machines? I had the information at one time, but don't know where I found it. I need help!
    Thanks, Janis
    I'd like to know too.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    I've picked up 3 machines from the local Goodwill auction site. All three were nice machines and fantastic prices. It seems they always need some kind of work though.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janis View Post
    Thanks, Janis
    http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...al_number.html

Blog Entries
    AVERAGE COST (cash paid) FOR MACHINE
    Year Cost
    1906 - 1912 $36.80 to 41.60
    1913 - 1917 $39.60 to 44.40
    1918 - 1920 $44.40 to 55.60
    1921 - 1928 $60.80 to 67.20
    1928 - 1935 $72.25 to 85.00
    1935 - 1946 $84.00 to 115.00

When you figure folks weren't making more than a couple dollars a week those days - those machines were GOLD!!!
    Then when you look at how well they were made and hold up they ARE gold - GOLDEN YEARS OF AMERICA at that!
    Then today, when you look at a new sewing machine costing less than one day's or one week's work - no wonder they are disposable and if you look at how they are made it is no wonder they have so little value.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltdoctor View Post
    It sounds like a White Rotary cabinet. Not sure which model fits in it though. My 1903 fits a 14 x 7-1/2" opening.

Texas Jan
    Oh....I have an old White around here....I'm gonna check it out after work!! Thank you!! The reason I love this cabinet is that it opens both ways...lid over to the left and a small flap to the right. I love that extra length of table to the right!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Randa