Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 12-19-2011, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Whew! I'm back again! Haven't been around much this past week or so...we had our Christmas party last night, and may I say, as much fun as we had, I am SO glad it's over! LOL Every day off and every evening for the past couple of weeks has been spent baking cookies or making candy, when I would have rather been playing with machines!

Think the spousal unit may have purchased a Rocketeer for me for Christmas...I pointed it out to him on Craig's list, and I know he checked it out on another computer... ~fingers crossed~
Would that mean you won't need the cams?? That would be great if you can cross use the cams, if I'm thinking right the Rocketeer is cam too, no?
Old 12-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by greenini View Post
Would that mean you won't need the cams?? That would be great if you can cross use the cams, if I'm thinking right the Rocketeer is cam too, no?
the Rocketeer shares cams with 401, 403, 500, 503 and some of the Touch and Sew machines - the 503 has a bit more flexibility with stitch width if you have all the cams.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]296361[/ATTACH]Here is the little Santa wall hanging I had to do on my Two Spools Treadle to get the grid lines straight! It is made using that fusible 1" grid, which I had never done before. I am not sure I want to do it again either - I'd rather do bargello than that grid, but once I figured out how to do it, it actually went very fast! I did all the grid lines on the Two Spools then did a "flip and sew" putting the back and binding on and turning it right side out with the 15-88 treadle. No electricity was used on this little Santa!

Nancy
Oh my!! I NEED this pattern!
Old 12-19-2011, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by greenini View Post
I know the cams will work for both machines, but don't know that the Rocketeer has any cams with it for sure....just know the ad said "many attachments"...sheese...have to wait 5 more days to see if I even get the darned thing! LOL With how he feels about my machines, I may be totally off base....altho the person selling the machines has pulled the ad... keep your fingers crossed for me!
Old 12-19-2011, 03:46 PM

You won't need many cams for the Rocketeer if it's the 500. The cams are built in. There are only like 4 or 5 cams that the 401 and 500 don't have built in, available for purchase...
Old 12-19-2011, 04:19 PM

Ah yes...but my 403 only came with the #2 cam, and no attachments....so I have my eyes open for more....
Old 12-19-2011, 04:26 PM

Nancy, your Santa is so cute. Do you have a pattern you can post on line?
JlJack, Sorry to hear about your mom. Hope things get better for you and your family.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Ah yes...but my 403 only came with the #2 cam, and no attachments....so I have my eyes open for more....
Charlee Cathy Nelson from the toga party has cams. Kathie
Old 12-19-2011, 05:43 PM

Hi! I have a Singer Treadle without the big belt and would love to get the belt and get it up and running. Any suggestions on where to look for a replacement belt?
Old 12-19-2011, 06:10 PM

Count me in Billy, I have several antique machines and would love to learn more about them.