Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 12-20-2011, 12:07 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
I don't know Cathy...can you hook me up with her?
I would be more than happy to. Cathy's phone number is 925-321-2024. Kathie
Old 12-20-2011, 04:49 AM

My goodness!! Machines are coming out of the wall here! I signed up for an Antiques Buy/Sell group on facebook and the 403 came at me within minutes of saying I was interested in "old sewing machines". Last night a lady asked if I could find information on a 1913 Model C Minnesota! Come to find out, all the information was in the drawers! Her great grandparents bought it for a wedding present to the grandparents! I am so trying to talk her into keeping it in the family. She says everything turns, the belt is broken (of course), the drawers are filled with all kinds of stuff she knows nothing about. I've asked for pics, but should I shoot her an offer eventually and if so, what amount. She said the cabinet wasn't in the best shape, but not bad for age. She said the decals look good except for a little wear.
Can anyone tell me more about this machine?? I assume it is a shuttle bobbin.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Oh my Janis...there are lots of goodies that will fit your FW....the buttonholer, the zigzagger, the blind hemmer, picot hemstitcher.... check April1930's website to see all the goodies!
Will all the goodies that fit the FW fit the 301 also? TIA
Old 12-20-2011, 06:50 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Weedwoman View Post
Will all the goodies that fit the FW fit the 301 also? TIA
NO - FW is short shank attachments - 301 is slant shank attachments
Old 12-20-2011, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]296566[/ATTACH] What! I paid $50 for my 15-88 just like that from 1939, and mine is in a very nice (not green) cabinet! This is my 15-88 - Geeze, I might sell it for $1,500!!!!!! LOL!

Nancy

That is a beauty. My DH thinks I'm crazy because I make over these old machines. Well it is no worse that their old cars and guns, lol.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Here is a link for fixing the potted motors.
http://vssmb.blogspot.com/2011/12/ho...rt-1-wire.html
you can become a follower and get emails - lots of other good info on that blog.
miriam, i'm in love:been reading it since i got up, dh has wanted to rewire of the 15-91's and it's a perfect tute. if you don't know anything about electrical/soldering this is a dynamite site. thanks so much for letting us have it! and for those with a bit of knowledge about general stuff the specifics like screwdriver sizes are super...
Old 12-20-2011, 07:01 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by greenini View Post
miriam, i'm in love:been reading it since i got up, dh has wanted to rewire of the 15-91's and it's a perfect tute. if you don't know anything about electrical/soldering this is a dynamite site. thanks so much for letting us have it! and for those with a bit of knowledge about general stuff the specifics like screwdriver sizes are super...
I wish you weren't 9 hours away from here or we could do my two and yours all at one time. Yes I am really happy to have that web page!!!! I subscribed to the blog. That tutorial is truly dynamite!!!! It might be spring for me though - my shop isn't very warm even with a heater on.
I won 2 Singer 15s with potted motors at the auction on Saturday.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by greenini View Post
I wish you weren't 9 hours away from here or we could do my two and yours all at one time. Yes I am really happy to have that web page!!!! I subscribed to the blog. That tutorial is truly dynamite!!!! It might be spring for me though - my shop isn't very warm even with a heater on.
I won 2 Singer 15s with potted motors at the auction on Saturday. I haven't had time to look them over.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I won 2 Singer 15s with potted motors at the auction on Saturday. I haven't had time to look them over.
Well, then it would be 4 to do..and I too wish it weren't such a distance, somehow doing something like that isn't so scary if you do it with company. You may not remember, but I found the first 15-91 in Vt in a cabinet and then in order to get my 301 reasonably priced I wound up with another 15-91..why wouldn't he just come down in price? Who knows, it made no sense to me and maybe it was so hot my brain was fried, I sure was sweating up a storm and I think DH had clocked out of the discussion a while before so I can't even confirm....but both machines have been plugged in no shocks so I'm not convinced they need it frankly. Tho DH is an ex-telephone tech (we both are) and knows electrical so maybe for once he's right
Old 12-20-2011, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Linkbeth View Post
Hoping all quiets down for you and your Mom and DH..wonderful that you are taking care of Mom..so many don't care about family..know well the de-cluttering routine for someone else..it's what motivates me to get r' done at least a few times a year..may the coming year be a good one for all...Liz
Thanks, Liz!!