Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2944 of 4382 FirstFirst ... 1944 2444 2844 2894 2934 2943 2944 2945 2954 2994 3044 3444 3944 ... LastLast
Results 29,431 to 29,440 of 43814

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Cool. I see he does events in Roseville, CA. sometimes. That's close to me! I can't seem to find his class prices?
    Candace, That Roseville class is at Cathy's house. That was where yesterday's Mini TOGA was held. You should try to make one of the TOGA at her place since she is extremely helpful and has a beautiful collection of vintage machines.
    The spring TOGA will be in Turlock in March, and the fall TOGA will be at her house. From time to time mini TOGA occurs, like yesterday which about a dozen folks showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Candace, That Roseville class is at Cathy's house. That was where yesterday's Mini TOGA was held. You should try to make one of the TOGA at her place since she is extremely helpful and has a beautiful collection of vintage machines.
    The spring TOGA will be in Turlock in March, and the fall TOGA will be at her house. From time to time mini TOGA occurs, like yesterday which about a dozen folks showed up.
    Thanks for the info. I'm not into treadle machines, though. ( I know, I know...don't start throwing rotten fruit at me :>). But, I bet you some of the info. carries over to electric machines. I do pretty well now with repairs, but I'm not at the level of replacing gears or camstacks....

Blog Entries
    Thanks. I was finally able to figure out that messy webpage! Ouch...
    I looked at his page. I don't get your "messy" comment. I found all the info very easy to read.

I have never taken a Ray White class, would love to do so, but can't afford it in this moment of time.
    But- I do have to say that Ray White is a very nice man. Gives big bear hugs.....

Blog Entries
    Nancy, I had a wonderful day also at Cathy's. It was great visiting with all.
    I got that hemmer to work.

I looked at his page. I don't get your "messy" comment. I found all the info very easy to read.

I have never taken a Ray White class, would love to do so, but can't afford it in this moment of time.
    But- I do have to say that Ray White is a very nice man. Gives big bear hugs.....
    I use to do website design and manage sites. The site is very cluttered and hard to read....but that's just my opinion. I'm not judging, as not everyone knows the ins and outs-in fact, I know just enough to be dangerous.

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=9152850

These White 77 parts may interest some of you.
    Melinda

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the info. I'm not into treadle machines, though. ( I know, I know...don't start throwing rotten fruit at me :>). But, I bet you some of the info. carries over to electric machines. I do pretty well now with repairs, but I'm not at the level of replacing gears or camstacks....
    Your statement: "But, I bet you some of the info. carries over to electric machines."

Geez... the man has only been in the sewing repair business for the last 35 years...I doubt he was just fixing vintage machines in treadles for that time period. And I'm sure if you bring one of your e-machines to his class, he will teach you how to fix it.

His main page:http://www.whitesewingcenter.com/index.php
    An easy "flow chart" to read. Click history in left hand column and it links you to this page: http://www.whitesewingcenter.com/page1.php

Your statement: "But, I bet you some of the info. carries over to electric machines."

Geez... the man has only been in the sewing repair business for the last 35 years...I doubt he was just fixing vintage machines in treadles for that time period. And I'm sure if you bring one of your e-machines to his class, he will teach you how to fix it.

His main page:http://www.whitesewingcenter.com/index.php
    An easy "flow chart" to read. Click history in left hand column and it links you to this page: http://www.whitesewingcenter.com/page1.php

Umm....I was talking about the TOGA event and that I wasn't into treadles though some of the info there would carry over to electric machines. Don't know what I did to anger you today....

Blog Entries
    Help, please. How do you find the thread of pictures of vintage machines? My son is here and I can't find it.

Blog Entries
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish