Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2944 of 4382 FirstFirst ... 1944 2444 2844 2894 2934 2943 2944 2945 2954 2994 3044 3444 3944 ... LastLast
Results 29,431 to 29,440 of 43814

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #29431
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Cool. I see he does events in Roseville, CA. sometimes. That's close to me! I can't seem to find his class prices?
    Candace, That Roseville class is at Cathy's house. That was where yesterday's Mini TOGA was held. You should try to make one of the TOGA at her place since she is extremely helpful and has a beautiful collection of vintage machines.
    The spring TOGA will be in Turlock in March, and the fall TOGA will be at her house. From time to time mini TOGA occurs, like yesterday which about a dozen folks showed up.

  2. #29432
    Super Member Candace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    9,532
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Candace, That Roseville class is at Cathy's house. That was where yesterday's Mini TOGA was held. You should try to make one of the TOGA at her place since she is extremely helpful and has a beautiful collection of vintage machines.
    The spring TOGA will be in Turlock in March, and the fall TOGA will be at her house. From time to time mini TOGA occurs, like yesterday which about a dozen folks showed up.
    Thanks for the info. I'm not into treadle machines, though. ( I know, I know...don't start throwing rotten fruit at me :>). But, I bet you some of the info. carries over to electric machines. I do pretty well now with repairs, but I'm not at the level of replacing gears or camstacks....

  3. #29433
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Thanks. I was finally able to figure out that messy webpage! Ouch...
    I looked at his page. I don't get your "messy" comment. I found all the info very easy to read.

    I have never taken a Ray White class, would love to do so, but can't afford it in this moment of time.
    But- I do have to say that Ray White is a very nice man. Gives big bear hugs.....

  4. #29434
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Nancy, I had a wonderful day also at Cathy's. It was great visiting with all.
    I got that hemmer to work.

  5. #29435
    Super Member Candace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    9,532
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    I looked at his page. I don't get your "messy" comment. I found all the info very easy to read.

    I have never taken a Ray White class, would love to do so, but can't afford it in this moment of time.
    But- I do have to say that Ray White is a very nice man. Gives big bear hugs.....
    I use to do website design and manage sites. The site is very cluttered and hard to read....but that's just my opinion. I'm not judging, as not everyone knows the ins and outs-in fact, I know just enough to be dangerous.

  6. #29436
    Senior Member melinda1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    455
    http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=9152850

    These White 77 parts may interest some of you.
    Melinda

  7. #29437
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm not into treadle machines, though. ( I know, I know...don't start throwing rotten fruit at me :>). But, I bet you some of the info. carries over to electric machines. I do pretty well now with repairs, but I'm not at the level of replacing gears or camstacks....
    Your statement: "But, I bet you some of the info. carries over to electric machines."

    Geez... the man has only been in the sewing repair business for the last 35 years...I doubt he was just fixing vintage machines in treadles for that time period. And I'm sure if you bring one of your e-machines to his class, he will teach you how to fix it.

    His main page:http://www.whitesewingcenter.com/index.php
    An easy "flow chart" to read. Click history in left hand column and it links you to this page: http://www.whitesewingcenter.com/page1.php

  8. #29438
    Super Member Candace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    9,532
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Your statement: "But, I bet you some of the info. carries over to electric machines."

    Geez... the man has only been in the sewing repair business for the last 35 years...I doubt he was just fixing vintage machines in treadles for that time period. And I'm sure if you bring one of your e-machines to his class, he will teach you how to fix it.

    His main page:http://www.whitesewingcenter.com/index.php
    An easy "flow chart" to read. Click history in left hand column and it links you to this page: http://www.whitesewingcenter.com/page1.php

    Umm....I was talking about the TOGA event and that I wasn't into treadles though some of the info there would carry over to electric machines. Don't know what I did to anger you today....

  9. #29439
    Super Member irishrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cadillac, MI
    Posts
    6,583
    Blog Entries
    19
    Help, please. How do you find the thread of pictures of vintage machines? My son is here and I can't find it.

  10. #29440
    Senior Member Crossstitcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    986
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

    Trish

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.