Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2975 of 4416 FirstFirst ... 1975 2475 2875 2925 2965 2974 2975 2976 2985 3025 3075 3475 3975 ... LastLast
Results 29,741 to 29,750 of 44160

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Nancy, I love that cabinet too! Mom's machine looks wonderful in it...do you use that machine much?
    Thanks everyone, I love the cabinet too.

Charlee, I did use the 130 after Mom first left me. I had it set up in a Koala cabinet in my sewing room, but when I started collecting the treadles and vintage machines, I had to put that Koala cabinet in storage. The cabinet was just too big! Anyway, that Pfaff 130 weighs about 2 tons so no I didn't use her much since I didn't want to drag her around! Now, I will use her, but I am so hooked on my treadles now - the 319w in treadle, my Two Spools for piecing, and my 15-88 - these are my favorite to use treadles - I won't use the Pfaff 130 that much. Probably for quick mending projects, etc.! I use my Rocketeer all the time for machine applique' and my FW's go to classes. The 130 deserves a semi-retirement anyway. Mom used that machine almost daily for 50 years! At least now Mom's machine is out where I 'can' use her if I want to, and keep her lubed up!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quilt addict View Post
    Nancy, your machine and cabinet looks great. I have two of those in the garage that need to have the machines cleaned and fixed up. On has few pieces missing from the machine. I have not started on fixing the Pfaffs. I figure I will learn on the Singers that are cheap and plentiful.
    Lisa, do you have two Pfaff 130's in cabinets in your garage? Geeze, those are expensive machines. They are hard to find - people don't give up their Pfaffs; and, expensive if you do find one - at least in my part of the country! It seems all vintage Pfaff's are expensive to collect! Miz Johnny I am still waiting to see your Pfaff treadle!

Nancy

Nancy, it looks great. The 130 is a straight stitch only, right? Does it do a nice stitch? I've had the opportunity to buy a couple at a decent price, but I have so many straight stitch only machines right now, that I passed. Glad it has a home now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Nancy, it looks great. The 130 is a straight stitch only, right? Does it do a nice stitch? I've had the opportunity to buy a couple at a decent price, but I have so many straight stitch only machines right now, that I passed. Glad it has a home now.
    Nope, the 130 does it all. It has zig zag, drops its feed dogs, has needle bar height adjustment, has needle positioning adjustment, does button holes, has monogrammers, has a ton of attachments for whatever you need to do! That is why my Mother used this machine for 50 years, it does it all! She was quite a seamstress and never found the need for another/different machine. The 130 is also very powerful, and very dependable. In the 50 years Mom used that machine, she had it serviced once because I shamed her into it when I gave her my 1222e so she'd have a more 'modern' machine. The service technician told her to take it home and use it. He said that old Pfaff was like an old friend, it would NEVER let her down! So she did, and gave me back my more modern Pfaff!

Nancy

I don't know if this is where I should post this but if not please let me know. I have been putting some quilt blocks together on my first treadle machine and am having a problem and hoping someone can help. Have figured out that while sewing and when I stop to adjust my hold on the material it always leaves a larger loop on the underside. Now when I stop, my needle seems to go down or up on it's own. Do I just need to learn to stop and hold the treadle plate a certain way or is there an adjustment that needs to be done? Have never used a treadle machine before so do not know what I'm doing. THANKS
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...5F1E81D66A.png
    Whatever I said in anger, Whatever I shouted in spite, I'm sorry I spoke so quickly--I thought of some worse ones tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Nope, the 130 does it all. It has zig zag, drops its feed dogs, has needle bar height adjustment, has needle positioning adjustment, does button holes, has monogrammers, has a ton of attachments for whatever you need to do! That is why my Mother used this machine for 50 years, it does it all! She was quite a seamstress and never found the need for another/different machine. The 130 is also very powerful, and very dependable. In the 50 years Mom used that machine, she had it serviced once because I shamed her into it when I gave her my 1222e so she'd have a more 'modern' machine. The service technician told her to take it home and use it. He said that old Pfaff was like an old friend, it would NEVER let her down! So she did, and gave me back my more modern Pfaff!

Nancy
    Thanks for the info!

I just bought a 1906 New Home Treadle.Rather than bring it home it went straight to repair shop for cleaning etc.Cant wait to get her home

Has anyone heard from Billy? I miss him. Kathie

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    I know...but it had one, and I'm going to keep it. When I needed one for the 403, couldn't find one for less than $15....now I have two.
    Wonderful Charlee. One of my customers who I cleaned up his 403 for was lacking the "0" cam. I was able to find one on Ebay, it was spendy but he was glad he could zig zag.
    Sharon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crewsemj View Post
    I don't know if this is where I should post this but if not please let me know. I have been putting some quilt blocks together on my first treadle machine and am having a problem and hoping someone can help. Have figured out that while sewing and when I stop to adjust my hold on the material it always leaves a larger loop on the underside. Now when I stop, my needle seems to go down or up on it's own. Do I just need to learn to stop and hold the treadle plate a certain way or is there an adjustment that needs to be done? Have never used a treadle machine before so do not know what I'm doing. THANKS
    Crewsemj, I do a lot of piecing with a treadle. Usually my Eldredge Two Spools, but sometimes one of the other treadles. The best way I found to have the machine stop when you want to stop is to grab the hand wheel and stop treadling at the same time. I had the same problems you are describing until I started grabbing the hand wheel to stop the motion immediately. When you are free motion quilting with a treadle, which I do a lot with my Singer 15-88, you have to be able to stop immediately, especially when I am doing thread play with words or something like that. The treadle is going to keep going, depending on how fast you are treadling, unless you stop it yourself with the hand wheel.

Anyone else found a better way to stay precise with the treadle when FMQting?

Nancy