Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3000 of 4408 FirstFirst ... 2000 2500 2900 2950 2990 2999 3000 3001 3010 3050 3100 3500 4000 ... LastLast
Results 29,991 to 30,000 of 44074

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Nancy, great job on the refinishing. Looks GREAT! I won't beat you with a stick for recommending not FMQ with the 301 :> I FMQ with my 301 last weekend for 10 hours straight and it's a wonderful model.

Charlee, so sorry to hear the news:<
    Candace, do you ever have trouble with it skipping stitches? If so, how did you deal with it? I am really looking for a good machine to FM with. I have tried my 2 modern Janomes and get soooooo frustrated! I have about 9 or 10 tops that need quilted and don't want to spend the money to hire a long armer, $$$ tight these days. But my sanity is worth something. LOL
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    Charlee, Our prayers are with you and yours. Sorry for your loss.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buslady View Post
    Actually, I read on here somewhere that the 301 is a good FM machine, that is why I got the foot I needed and got it running. I have a 15, and a 201. The 15 has not been cleaned up and tested yet, I bought it off someone here on the board over a year ago. So many machines, so little time. This d*&%$mn job seems to take up too much of my time. LOL I guess I have to remember that without it I wouldn't be able to buy the machines. I just keep thinking that when/if I ever get to retire I will have all these toys to keep me busy. Maybe I'll have to try out the 201 for the FM, or get DH to work on the 15. My next project was supposed to be my 66 Redeye that I put the hand crank on. Gotta love them old ladies!!!!!!!!!!!
    I haven't had much luck FMQ with my 201...but my 15-91 ROCKS!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post

Monica, how did you discover that you had the machine that was capable of the chain stitch? I think you told us, but I forget? Was it an accident or did one of your manuals tell you about the chain stitch attachment?

Nancy
    I don't own the manual. The machine came with part of a White manual, which was my clue that this machine's hand wheel turns away and not forward.

Funny, I can't remember where, but I think it was here on the QB that someone mentioned a "spider" for chain stitching. From that posting, I realized my mystery attachment was the "spider". Since I don't own a manual, I had to figure out how the mechanism fits into the machine and work. I couldn't figure out the hemmer. I asked around, and it was one of the gals on the yahoo Gold Country TOGA group that had the answer and directions for me to follow.

Blog Entries
    Charlee, This picture is for you today. I loved your thread that you started on proper attire while sewing.Now I know what I've been doing wrong!

My mom owned a Necchi Supernova, which I learned to sew on and sewed with for years. My mom was always dressed nicely back then, just that she never worn her cocktail dress while sewing. She still does dress nicely now, just in blue jeans. At 80, she still wears her makeup, shoes in house, and has pretty nails.

Anyhow...<<HUGS>>

Name:  Screen shot 2012-01-17 at 9.13.41 PM.png
Views: 231
Size:  205.5 KB

Blog Entries
    I LOVE it Monica!! Thanks for the grin....
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Charlee, I'm sending good thoughts.
    Miz Johnny

Blog Entries

Finished my 1881 Singer Model 12

Last summer I bought this fiddlebase Singer off CL. I had to get another boat shuttle for it, but the rest of it was intact. There was little paint left on her, so I knew she would be a repaint. The veneer was off the top of the table, but it was hardwood in 4 pieces underneath. I haven't got her sewing yet, as the shuttle is rubbing on the feed dogs, but she is pretty to look at. Now to find a coffin top for her and maybe a drawer or two. The seller has restored a police car just like the one in Mayberry RFD, the old Andy Griffith show. I decided to name this machine Beatrice, after the Mayberry Aunt Bea.
    Many thanks to Glenn for all his help and guidance.

Texas Jan
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Blog Entries
    Jan, you did a great job on the machine and the table. This is some good work here.
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Nancy, everytime I see the Gibbs cabinet I am amazed at what a great job you and your husband did in removing the black paint. That was no small task. Pat your self on the back agian.
    Glenn W. Cleveland