Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3034 of 4381 FirstFirst ... 2034 2534 2934 2984 3024 3033 3034 3035 3044 3084 3134 3534 4034 ... LastLast
Results 30,331 to 30,340 of 43806

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries

Sometimes I get really lucky !!

A friend of ours came over yesterday. He is a "junker" and should be on American Pickers. He said he found a couple of coffin tops that I could have if I wanted them. You bet I'd take them. One of them is a Singer, and when I got to looking on Ebay, I saw one just like it on a Singer 12 Fiddlebase. I hope it is the right one, because that is the machine I need a top for. The other one is an Oak Domestic. I don't have a machine for it, but maybe one day.

Texas Jan
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Chris you do know those bobbin winder tires come in several different sizes don't you? I'd make sure I got a Singer bobbin tire, which means you need to go to someone who knows what they are selling you. I'd also take the tire you put on with you to compare. Nancy
    Nancy; thanks. Love to take the original tire with me but it crumbled into pieces when I took if off. Extremely dry rubber. I'll ask the local shop if the tires are Singer tires or an off brand. Her tires have worked well on the other machines I'ved used them for which is proably close to 10 machines. What I did for the size was to try on one of the others I was replacing and it fit like a glove so assumed that was correct size. MAy talk to the gal who has vintage machines there and ask her if I have the correct tire for my bobbin winder. Thanks again.
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
    Have you oiled the bobbin winder and turned it by hand to make sure it will turn at all? Make sure it has not been removed before and put back together incorrectly. I had gotten a "Side Winder" bobbin winder last Christmas and it does all sizes of bobbins, but I like to have the one on the machine work though.
    Melinda, I did put some oil on it and turned it by hand for a bit on Saturday but will try again today now that it's had 2 days for the oil to reach deeper. I will look at other machines I have to see if the bobbin winder looks correct but hadn't considered that possibility that it's not on there correctly. Thanks for hint.
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    No... I have problems keeping up with all the different threads:>
    I feel the same way. Told myself just this thread, machine photo thread, the quilts made with vintage machine threads and the BOM threads that I like to follow, otherwise not much quilting gets done and family doesn't get dinner for the day.

Anticipation is half the fun! At least that's what I tell myself when I see pics of sewing machines where there is no machine pictured.

Any ideas as to the maker of this cabinet? I'm thinking Singer because of the way the bench is, but I haven't seen this specific one before. At any rate, I'll get to peek at the actual machine on Saturday.

Name:  cabinet.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  26.2 KB
    I have a screw driver and YouTube--I can fix it!

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Bennett;4926476]Anticipation is half the fun! At least that's what I tell myself when I see pics of sewing machines where there is no machine pictured.

Any ideas as to the maker of this cabinet? I'm thinking Singer because of the way the bench is, but I haven't seen this specific one before. At any rate, I'll get to peek at the actual machine on Saturday.

Bennett - maybe this machine could fit in it... http://tippecanoe.craigslist.org/atq/2809790701.html
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=miriam;4926536]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Anticipation is half the fun! At least that's what I tell myself when I see pics of sewing machines where there is no machine pictured.

Bennett - maybe this machine could fit in it... http://tippecanoe.craigslist.org/atq/2809790701.html
    Ok...that's a repaint that I LOVE!! Not $450 worth of love, but love it all the same....
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Bennett,

I had one of these cabinets once. It held a Singer 301 short bed with cradle.
    I remember that the veneer near the floor on both the stool and cabinet was very prone to chipping and flaking.
    Cool looking cabinet.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post

Blog Entries
    Muv's marmalade tutorial - Red Grapefruit Muv has sent me another video to post - this is on Red Grapefruit Marmalade - be sure to check it out - her cooking videos are just as well done as her sewing machine videos.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Looks like mid-century modern sewing machine cabinet - 401?