Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3035 of 4384 FirstFirst ... 2035 2535 2935 2985 3025 3034 3035 3036 3045 3085 3135 3535 4035 ... LastLast
Results 30,341 to 30,350 of 43834

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

[QUOTE=miriam;4926536]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Anticipation is half the fun! At least that's what I tell myself when I see pics of sewing machines where there is no machine pictured.

Any ideas as to the maker of this cabinet? I'm thinking Singer because of the way the bench is, but I haven't seen this specific one before. At any rate, I'll get to peek at the actual machine on Saturday.

Bennett - maybe this machine could fit in it... http://tippecanoe.craigslist.org/atq/2809790701.html
    Aww, that looks like it belongs at a tea party! I'd need to put on an upper crust accent instead of my usual twang to use it.
    I have a screw driver and YouTube--I can fix it!

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Bennett;4926768]
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post

Aww, that looks like it belongs at a tea party! I'd need to put on an upper crust accent instead of my usual twang to use it.
    sort of needs a lace table cloth & some roses to go with it doesn't it
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Cathy and Miriam: A 401 would be nice, but a 301 would be even better. Of course, there could be absolutely nothing in it! It's been at least a month since I bought a sewing machine. It'd have to be something on my wishlist for me to fall off the wagon.

Miriam: I checked out the link you posted for Muv's marmalade, but the video wasn't there. I saw one she had on YouTube for the Seville orange marmalade.

Bennett, I have that exact table and the green 319 that Nancy now has came in it. I refinished it completely and put my black 319 back into it. So, yes, it's a Singer table.

Blog Entries
    Yes, she sent me a new video so I posted it below the one she took off. You can almost smell the marmalade.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Bennett, I have that exact table and the green 319 that Nancy now has came in it. I refinished it completely and put my black 319 back into it. So, yes, it's a Singer table.
    That's where I saw it! It was the darker wood with silver handles that turned out so nice. I knew I had seen it somewhere, but I couldn't find a picture in any of my google searches. Of course you also had to mention the 319, another machine on my "I hope one follows me home" list. I'm starting to think I have too many machines on that list, especially considering if I have to start stacking them one on top of the other, it makes them a little hard to actually use.

Miriam: I've made marmalade once--lime. It took a lot of prep work to make those little jars of yumminess!

Blog Entries
    I hope everybody was able to find Muv's videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    That's where I saw it! It was the darker wood with silver handles that turned out so nice. I knew I had seen it somewhere, but I couldn't find a picture in any of my google searches. Of course you also had to mention the 319, another machine on my "I hope one follows me home" list. I'm starting to think I have too many machines on that list, especially considering if I have to start stacking them one on top of the other, it makes them a little hard to actually use.

Miriam: I've made marmalade once--lime. It took a lot of prep work to make those little jars of yumminess!
    Yes, exactly! I love it and it's one table I wouldn't give up!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post

Bennett - maybe this machine could fit in it... http://tippecanoe.craigslist.org/atq/2809790701.html
    That's a beautiful repaint!! Adorable!! I think that is the cutest repaint I have seen. It would make for a sweet first machine for a very young girl learning to sew.

Heck, Another I want for my future basement.
    Last edited by vintagemotif; 01-30-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    I saw that cabinet in the dark finish where I bought my 128. It had a 99 in it. She wanted $75. I wonder if it's still available. I don't particularly want a 99, but I'd like a sturdy cabinet for my 301.