Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 311 of 4413 FirstFirst ... 211 261 301 310 311 312 321 361 411 811 1311 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 44122

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedwoman
    Oh, I'd like a grasshopper also. hahaha
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy

A word of warning to all of you budding young collectors out there: I just got back from renting a storage unit. Yup, so much sewing stuff, I find it hard to sew. Hopefully, it will be a temporary situation while I sort my 30+ years worth of fabric and machines. Yeah.

On another note, hat's off to those of you who machine quilt. I am using my Davis walking foot treadle to stitch-in-the-ditch, but want to add some motifs inside the blocks and will probably switch to another machine for that. The Davis is WONDERFUL for straight line quilting, though. I used to hand quilt, so this is a whole new learning experience for me.

Hi Weedwoman,

I was recently searching for cabinet parts as well, and saw all the parts of the "top" as a whole and in a different ad saw pieces of the "top" pieced out for sale. The front piece that lifts up so the machine can flip out was going for $15.00 the last time I checked, but was probably sold for at least a bit more.

I had better luck looking around for a whole cabinet, but am still looking for a "belly-pan" and right drawer frame for a plain three drawer cabinet. Hey, I just thought, if they don't have molding, right and left should be interchangeable, shouldn't they?

Humm . . .

Thanks again Darcene, Charlee, Dunster and Billy. I think I got all those names right :-) :oops:

Your advice and instruction has been invaluable.

I am just waiting on the bobbin case and bobbins to arrive in the mail and Granny's 27 will be ready to sew.

Aardie.

Billie, What do you have to do to a machine to make it a handcrank?

Quote Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
    A word of warning to all of you budding young collectors out there: I just got back from renting a storage unit. Yup, so much sewing stuff, I find it hard to sew. Hopefully, it will be a temporary situation while I sort my 30+ years worth of fabric and machines. Yeah.

On another note, hat's off to those of you who machine quilt. I am using my Davis walking foot treadle to stitch-in-the-ditch, but want to add some motifs inside the blocks and will probably switch to another machine for that. The Davis is WONDERFUL for straight line quilting, though. I used to hand quilt, so this is a whole new learning experience for me.
    Miz Johnny--does that mean that somewhere down the road you will be parting with any of your machines?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dunster
    Quote Originally Posted by quilterguy27
    LOL! Never put 2 & 2 together to figure this out. Duh! VS=vibrating shuttle. Thanks for the knock in the head. I needed it.
    Don't feel bad. Yesterday I finally figured out what LBOW means. Hint: it was in regards to a 301A.
    What does LBOW stand for? I have racked my brains and can't figure it out!

Quote Originally Posted by SherriB
    Quote Originally Posted by dunster
    Quote Originally Posted by quilterguy27
    LOL! Never put 2 & 2 together to figure this out. Duh! VS=vibrating shuttle. Thanks for the knock in the head. I needed it.
    Don't feel bad. Yesterday I finally figured out what LBOW means. Hint: it was in regards to a 301A.
    What does LBOW stand for? I have racked my brains and can't figure it out!
    Good! Someone else went crazy trying to figure it out!

One of the colors that the 301 comes is a combination of colors called light-beige-oyster-white (LBOW). Now that's taking acronyms to a whole new level.

If I did this right ....here's a picture of my new baby. She's pretty dirty right now as she was in a back room in a collectables store.Serial # is 795939. The case is in pretty decent shape but it is missing the attachments box on the inside of the lid.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Billy, I like your TFL at the bottom of your threads. Did you design and draw it yourself? I figured you would have since you paint hotrods and do painting on the sewing machines. Very nice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldhag
    If I did this right ....here's a picture of my new baby. She's pretty dirty right now as she was in a back room in a collectables store.Serial # is 795939. The case is in pretty decent shape but it is missing the attachments box on the inside of the lid.
    I love your machine and thank you for posting the picture for all of us to enjoy! Are those mother of pearl inlays?

I can't wait until she's clean and shiny. :thumbup:

Judy