Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
Oh, I'd like a grasshopper also. hahaha
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy
Old 07-05-2010, 10:41 AM

A word of warning to all of you budding young collectors out there: I just got back from renting a storage unit. Yup, so much sewing stuff, I find it hard to sew. Hopefully, it will be a temporary situation while I sort my 30+ years worth of fabric and machines. Yeah.

On another note, hat's off to those of you who machine quilt. I am using my Davis walking foot treadle to stitch-in-the-ditch, but want to add some motifs inside the blocks and will probably switch to another machine for that. The Davis is WONDERFUL for straight line quilting, though. I used to hand quilt, so this is a whole new learning experience for me.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:17 PM

Hi Weedwoman,

I was recently searching for cabinet parts as well, and saw all the parts of the "top" as a whole and in a different ad saw pieces of the "top" pieced out for sale. The front piece that lifts up so the machine can flip out was going for $15.00 the last time I checked, but was probably sold for at least a bit more.

I had better luck looking around for a whole cabinet, but am still looking for a "belly-pan" and right drawer frame for a plain three drawer cabinet. Hey, I just thought, if they don't have molding, right and left should be interchangeable, shouldn't they?

Humm . . .

Thanks again Darcene, Charlee, Dunster and Billy. I think I got all those names right :-) :oops:

Your advice and instruction has been invaluable.

I am just waiting on the bobbin case and bobbins to arrive in the mail and Granny's 27 will be ready to sew.

Aardie.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:34 PM

Billie, What do you have to do to a machine to make it a handcrank?
Old 07-05-2010, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
A word of warning to all of you budding young collectors out there: I just got back from renting a storage unit. Yup, so much sewing stuff, I find it hard to sew. Hopefully, it will be a temporary situation while I sort my 30+ years worth of fabric and machines. Yeah.

On another note, hat's off to those of you who machine quilt. I am using my Davis walking foot treadle to stitch-in-the-ditch, but want to add some motifs inside the blocks and will probably switch to another machine for that. The Davis is WONDERFUL for straight line quilting, though. I used to hand quilt, so this is a whole new learning experience for me.
Miz Johnny--does that mean that somewhere down the road you will be parting with any of your machines?
Old 07-05-2010, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by dunster
Originally Posted by quilterguy27
LOL! Never put 2 & 2 together to figure this out. Duh! VS=vibrating shuttle. Thanks for the knock in the head. I needed it.
Don't feel bad. Yesterday I finally figured out what LBOW means. Hint: it was in regards to a 301A.
What does LBOW stand for? I have racked my brains and can't figure it out!
Old 07-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SherriB
Originally Posted by dunster
Originally Posted by quilterguy27
LOL! Never put 2 & 2 together to figure this out. Duh! VS=vibrating shuttle. Thanks for the knock in the head. I needed it.
Don't feel bad. Yesterday I finally figured out what LBOW means. Hint: it was in regards to a 301A.
What does LBOW stand for? I have racked my brains and can't figure it out!
Good! Someone else went crazy trying to figure it out!

One of the colors that the 301 comes is a combination of colors called light-beige-oyster-white (LBOW). Now that's taking acronyms to a whole new level.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:27 PM

If I did this right ....here's a picture of my new baby. She's pretty dirty right now as she was in a back room in a collectables store.Serial # is 795939. The case is in pretty decent shape but it is missing the attachments box on the inside of the lid.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-82196.jpe  
Old 07-05-2010, 03:29 PM

Billy, I like your TFL at the bottom of your threads. Did you design and draw it yourself? I figured you would have since you paint hotrods and do painting on the sewing machines. Very nice.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by oldhag
If I did this right ....here's a picture of my new baby. She's pretty dirty right now as she was in a back room in a collectables store.Serial # is 795939. The case is in pretty decent shape but it is missing the attachments box on the inside of the lid.
I love your machine and thank you for posting the picture for all of us to enjoy! Are those mother of pearl inlays?

I can't wait until she's clean and shiny. :thumbup:

Judy