Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-21-2012, 10:44 PM

Monica,

I prefer the T&S over the 206 series, which I really have never bonded with.
The early T&S (600 through about the 640) when properly timing and adjusted is a very good machine. The later ones....not so good. I won't even waste my time on the 750, etc. Note that this in just a personal preference.
My favorite machines are my grandmothers 15-90, my handcrank Wheeler and Wilson #9, my 1977
Kenmore 158.1760 and my 1977 Elna Star series. These tend to be my go-to-machines.
Probably much too long of an answer. VBG
Cathy

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
You really do like fixing machines over sewing with them, if you prefer the Touch and Throws.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Monica,

I prefer the T&S over the 206 series, which I really have never bonded with.
The early T&S (600 through about the 640) when properly timing and adjusted is a very good machine. The later ones....not so good. I won't even waste my time on the 750, etc. Note that this in just a personal preference.
My favorite machines are my grandmothers 15-90, my handcrank Wheeler and Wilson #9, my 1977
Kenmore 158.1760 and my 1977 Elna Star series. These tend to be my go-to-machines.
Probably much too long of an answer. VBG
Cathy
You do sew!! I just thought you were into removing motors and collecting parts. My experience is with the infamous T&S 750...never again...total piece of junk.

My main machines are Two Spools, Singer 201, Davis NVF, Necchi Supernova Ultra, and Singer 328K which all of them are in treadles!

Last edited by vintagemotif; 02-21-2012 at 11:02 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:10 PM

Monica,

Shush! Don't let anyone know that I can sew. I try to keep a secret.
You've seen my collection. They all sew well. And the majority are people powered. But I do love an electric motor (too lazy to treadle for long).

Cathy

You do sew!! I just thought you were into removing motors and collecting parts. My experience is with the infamous T&S 750...never again...total piece of junk.

My main machines are Two Spools, Singer 201, Davis NVF, Necchi Supernova Ultra, and Singer 328K which all of them are in treadles!
Old 02-21-2012, 11:15 PM

Bennett,

Are those Beignets? I grew up on Beignets (cajun donuts). My parents are from Louisiana. Some Cajun blood in my veins.

Cathy
Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
Well, happy Mardi Gras! Thought I'd share some of my dessert with y'all this evening while browsing the board. Not as good as in New Orleans, but a treat nonetheless.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:21 PM

Monica,

Shush! Don't let anyone know that I can sew. I try to keep a secret.
You've seen my collection. They all sew well. And the majority are people powered. But I do love an electric motor (too lazy to treadle for long).

Cathy
I've seen some of your sewing work, and you do a beautiful job!!! But I'll be quiet and not tell!
Your collection is gorgeous...,but what I found to be the most interesting is what is inside those lockers.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:25 PM

Bennett,

Are those Beignets? I grew up on Beignets (cajun donuts). My parents are from Louisiana. Some Cajun blood in my veins.

Cathy
Is that what they are?!!! They look yummy!!
Old 02-21-2012, 11:27 PM

Even I am surprised as to what I have in those lockers.
I have evidence that there is some breeding going on in there. Especially those buttonholers. I'm waiting to see what I get when the slants and verticals get together.
Ok, that is enough for tonight. Going to bed now.....

I've seen some of your sewing work, and you do a beautiful job!!! But I'll be quiet and not tell!
Your collection is gorgeous...,but what I found to be the most interesting is what is inside those lockers.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:30 PM

Even I am surprised as to what I have in those lockers.
I have evidence that there is some breeding going on in there. Especially those buttonholers. I'm waiting to see what I get when the slants and verticals get together.
Ok, that is enough for tonight. Going to bed now.....
LOL Good night!

I'm off to research beignets. Might try making them tomorrow.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:40 PM

Monica,

One last quick answer.
My Mom made hers using the cheapest refrigerator dough in a can. Separate each roll, put two spices in the roll (butterfly it). Deep fry at 360 degrees for 2 to 3 minutes until lightly browned on both sides. Drain on towel and then put on a plate of powdered sugar, flip over to coat the other side with the sugar... . Serve hot. YUM!!!!!!!!!

LOL Good night!

I'm off to research beignets. Might try making them tomorrow.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:46 PM

Monica,

One last quick answer.
My Mom made hers using the cheapest refrigerator dough in a can. Separate each roll, put two spices in the roll (butterfly it). Deep fry at 360 degrees for 2 to 3 minutes until lightly browned on both sides. Drain on towel and then put on a plate of powdered sugar, flip over to coat the other side with the sugar... . Serve hot. YUM!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!! That sounds simple, dough out of a can.