Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3144 of 4408 FirstFirst ... 2144 2644 3044 3094 3134 3143 3144 3145 3154 3194 3244 3644 4144 ... LastLast
Results 31,431 to 31,440 of 44074

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #31431
    Super Member Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    2,174
    Blog Entries
    1
    I am glad all is having fun seeing my drawers. If this is all takes to get a laugh I will show them more often.
    Glenn W. Cleveland

  2. #31432
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,585
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Yesterday, I spent three hours working in my front yard preparing my bed for mulch. We need rain badly. I think we are in for an extremely dry spring. I planning on adding more mulch to the beds to help them stay moist longer after watering them. I could work another day, but I'm tired from yesterdays work. I have that old Eldredge in the garage that needs cleaning. So, I may spend the day cleaning her up while sitting out on my patio deck since it's another beautiful warm, sunny day. Too many projects and not enough time in the day.
    Yep, the whole no rain thing scares me! Sharon has a first hand experience with that issue! We will go through nothing like Texas did last year, but I always worry cause no rain will cause hay prices to soar and I am feeding 6 horses! The weeds in my back yard don't seem to care that we have got practically no rain all winter - they are going crazy! Monica, I am with you - mulching and adding lots of bark to keep things moist. Luckily, I have a pretty small landscaped yard and most of the rest of the place is drought resistent or natural or dry pastures!

    I am frantically trying to figure out how to get down to see that treadle soon. I wanted to go on Monday - but, that is the day they are closed! Go figure! I may try and re-arrange so we could go tomorrow! Otherwise, I will have to wait until Wednesday. I am talking to a Joel who works or runs the store. He thinks the treadle will sell this weekend! Anyway, he gave me the serial number of #113768, which places the treadle at 1890 and made in Berlin! I am so excited! I hope I can get it - I will if I am suppose to!

    Nancy

  3. #31433
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,510
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I am glad all is having fun seeing my drawers. If this is all takes to get a laugh I will show them more often.
    ~Puttin' on good dance music and waiting~
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

    http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

  4. #31434
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,510
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Yep, the whole no rain thing scares me! Sharon has a first hand experience with that issue! We will go through nothing like Texas did last year, but I always worry cause no rain will cause hay prices to soar and I am feeding 6 horses! The weeds in my back yard don't seem to care that we have got practically no rain all winter - they are going crazy! Monica, I am with you - mulching and adding lots of bark to keep things moist. Luckily, I have a pretty small landscaped yard and most of the rest of the place is drought resistent or natural or dry pastures!

    I am frantically trying to figure out how to get down to see that treadle soon. I wanted to go on Monday - but, that is the day they are closed! Go figure! I may try and re-arrange so we could go tomorrow! Otherwise, I will have to wait until Wednesday. I am talking to a Joel who works or runs the store. He thinks the treadle will sell this weekend! Anyway, he gave me the serial number of #113768, which places the treadle at 1890 and made in Berlin! I am so excited! I hope I can get it - I will if I am suppose to!

    Nancy
    Nancy...flip out your plastic over the phone!!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

    http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

  5. #31435
    Super Member purplefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Round Rock,Texas
    Posts
    5,353
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Candace did it look complete? The photo looks complete, but did it have the shuttle and bobbin? Any attachments? You must of stopped to see the machine? I am going to try and rearrange our schedule so we can go down there on Monday!

    Nancy

    After going back and looking at the machine - without the stars in my eyes - I see it does not have a shuttle but a bobbin and the foot is missing?
    I think that Pfaff treadle uses common Singer feet, it looks like a 15 clone. I'd bet that the bobbin case and bobbins are still available from Pfaff. Those decals are to die for!
    Sharon

  6. #31436
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northern CA near Sacramento
    Posts
    1,105
    Nancy,

    Beautiful machine!!
    I enlarged the picture of the Pfaff treadle and the serial number has 7 digits, not 6 as quoted to you (looks more like 1139768). That makes it a much later date than 1890. It really looks much more like a 1910-1920ish model. Also looks like a class 15 "clone". If so it will take standard low shank feet and a generic 15 bobbin case.

    Cathy

    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    I am frantically trying to figure out how to get down to see that treadle soon. I wanted to go on Monday - but, that is the day they are closed! Go figure! I may try and re-arrange so we could go tomorrow! Otherwise, I will have to wait until Wednesday. I am talking to a Joel who works or runs the store. He thinks the treadle will sell this weekend! Anyway, he gave me the serial number of #113768, which places the treadle at 1890 and made in Berlin! I am so excited! I hope I can get it - I will if I am suppose to!

    Nancy
    Last edited by Mizkaki; 02-25-2012 at 04:41 PM.

  7. #31437
    Super Member Quilt Mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Headed home
    Posts
    2,416
    I was on the local CL today, and came across something I just had to go see. Well, it followed me home...

    I got a Davis No. 25, serial number 1089317. The certificate of warranty (good for 5 years!), dated Aug, 9, 1907, is with her, as well as the receipt for $64.00, paid in full. It states the company is located in Dayton, Ohio. It was sold by McCaskill Brothers, of Oakland, NE. In the drawers are some attachments, a tube of needles, extra bobbins, the key for the cabinet. She has her shuttle. Now I need to get busy on cleaning! She needs work on both machine and cabinet. Decals are few. But the drawers are pretty. I haven't been able to post pics lately. Haven't figured out how since the change in the board. So until I can get a more tech-savvy family member to help, I can't share pics. Wish I could. She is pretty. I hope she sews well, too.
    Quilt Mom

    Going through life one stitch at a time

  8. #31438
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,585
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Nancy...flip out your plastic over the phone!!
    I would have no problem doing that, but we are talking a 4 hour trip, which I'd do in a heart beat, but this week is just booked solid for me! I don't want to buy the machine, and not be able to get it. Besides, the fact that I don't trust anyone to try to haul it! I don't want the machine nor cabinet damaged and most people have no clue how to haul something like that treadle. They say they will deliver, but I am just too anal to take that chance - I want to pick it up myself or at least know who ever picks it up knows its worth!

    Nancy

  9. #31439
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,585
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Nancy,

    Beautiful machine!!
    I enlarged the picture of the Pfaff treadle and the serial number has 7 digits, not 6 as quoted to you (looks more like 1139768). That makes it a much later date than 1890. It really looks much more like a 1910-1920ish model. Also looks like a class 15 "clone". If so it will take standard low shank feet and a generic 15 bobbin case.

    Cathy
    Ok Cathy after talking to you on the phone, I did the same thing you did. I pulled up the machine and enlarged the bed and serial number. Yes, they left out a digit. It does look like 1139768 or something like that, which would put the machine at 1912! Exactly 100 years old! I was really surprised when Joel sent me the 6 digit number as I thought the machine looked like about 1910. Cathy thank you for explaining that little black thread guide - it almost looks like a tension disk - on top; and the little black thingy they used to attach a needle sharpener too.

    Now explain to me why it would be made by a German company as well known and respected as Pfaff and be shaped like a class 15 machine? I always thought that Singer had the patent on the class 15 until we gave the Japanese the model 15 and 99 specs after WW2. The Japanese made tons and tons of Japanese Model 15s and 99s. Why would Pfaff have a class 15 machine dating back to 1912?

    I don't care, just very curious as I love to learn about these things! I love those class 15 machines. I am going to do whatever I have to to get to Oakland to get that machine! I want to use that baby!

    Nancy

  10. #31440
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,585
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilt Mom View Post
    I was on the local CL today, and came across something I just had to go see. Well, it followed me home...

    I got a Davis No. 25, serial number 1089317. The certificate of warranty (good for 5 years!), dated Aug, 9, 1907, is with her, as well as the receipt for $64.00, paid in full. It states the company is located in Dayton, Ohio. It was sold by McCaskill Brothers, of Oakland, NE. In the drawers are some attachments, a tube of needles, extra bobbins, the key for the cabinet. She has her shuttle. Now I need to get busy on cleaning! She needs work on both machine and cabinet. Decals are few. But the drawers are pretty. I haven't been able to post pics lately. Haven't figured out how since the change in the board. So until I can get a more tech-savvy family member to help, I can't share pics. Wish I could. She is pretty. I hope she sews well, too.
    Oh I hope you figure out how to post photos! I want to see her! Congratulations!

    Nancy

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.