Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3149 of 4369 FirstFirst ... 2149 2649 3049 3099 3139 3148 3149 3150 3159 3199 3249 3649 4149 ... LastLast
Results 31,481 to 31,490 of 43690

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Charlee, your machine looks very heavy duty. Bet it will sew any thing you put under the presser foot.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    I see she's a friend of Rain's! Where IS Rain lately? I kinda miss him!
    Who is Rain? I have seen the blog site, but didn't realize Rain was here on QB.

Blog Entries
    Rain's board name is VintageSewingMachinesNYC (or something similar)
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Nancy, the quilt that you are working on looks pretty!!!

Glenn, Thanks for posting the box you made for your Singer 66. I need to make a couple of boxes for some of my machines.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Rain's board name is VintageSewingMachinesNYC (or something similar)
    Okay!! I'll go back to read his posts since I may have missed something of value that he may have posted. So much to read here that some posts are read quickly and taken note of to comment on, but then another post takes precedence.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Janice,
    There is no cost for TOGAs., unless you go out for lunch or dinner.
    I would love to see you again.
    Cathy

Yep, I know, it's the cost to travel all that way and stay overnight. It's a 6 hour drive for me up there. Thanks for the invite, Cathy!! I'll try to make it to the one later this year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Well, I have not made it to Oakland yet. I just couldn't change yesterday's schedule! I will call today to see if the Pfaff is still there and if it is, we are planning a trip for Wednesday.

Here is my Mocha 301. My newest machine that I got from Cathy, Mizkaki. The jury was out on her at first. I took her to Girl's Night Out, and because I am so used to the 1/4" foot and the acrylic extension bed, I just couldn't seem to sew a straight seam with her that night! Of course, it didn't help that the quilt top's blocks that I was trying to put together were all screwed up after I squared the blocks up! Anyway, I brought her home and started using her a a few days ago! I am in LOVE with this machine! I got my 1/4" slant foot and I am now putting the blocks together for the top I thought would not go together right - and they are matching (mostly)!Attachment 315795 I am loving this machine! No wonder Candace collects the 301!

Nancy

Nancy, my 301 is also my favorite piecing machine!! I love the ultra straight, narrow stitches. Just great. And the little "tick tick tick" is just the most pleasant and soothing sound!! I actually love her so much I won't buy another one, because it would feel like "cheating"!! LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
    Charlee, your machine looks very heavy duty. Bet it will sew any thing you put under the presser foot.
    I haven't used it much Trish, but I do know that it's got a strong motor...and it's a fairly fast stitcher!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Okay!! I'll go back to read his posts since I may have missed something of value that he may have posted. So much to read here that some posts are read quickly and taken note of to comment on, but then another post takes precedence.
    He posts on other pages he hasn't come on this part. Rain has a very nice blog about sewing machine repairs. Very concise information.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Well, P.O. strikes again! I sent a nice little 99 motor to Joe, and they managed to completely destroy it enroute!! UGGGGHHHHH!!! I hate it when that happens!!!