Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-11-2010, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by jackkip
After I posted the pictures last night, I started looking closer at it. Yes it is a Davis. I found the decal at the bottom. I can't wait to start on it.

I wish I had taken pictures of this place I found. I swear the guy had 30 treadle machines. It was crazy. Some very early models. To my novice eye, it was amazing. I have to say, I never had an interest in older machines until I signed up on this board. Now it is all I can think about. Where to find that perfect machine. Now I just need to find the space to store them all. Not sure if my DH is as excited as I am :-o
One of the clues on this machine is the belt groove on the handwheel. Most Davis treadles had the belt groove on the outside of the handwheel.
This is on ebay for #3200.00 He is in South Texas. Any buyers :lol: :lol: We could all chip in and send them to Billy!!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-78809.jpe  
Old 07-11-2010, 07:58 AM

OMG...no this guy did not have this many. Is this a current listing? I would love to go and see this guy. Yes, we could all chip in and help Billy out :)
Old 07-11-2010, 08:04 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Honchey
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by jackkip
After I posted the pictures last night, I started looking closer at it. Yes it is a Davis. I found the decal at the bottom. I can't wait to start on it.

I wish I had taken pictures of this place I found. I swear the guy had 30 treadle machines. It was crazy. Some very early models. To my novice eye, it was amazing. I have to say, I never had an interest in older machines until I signed up on this board. Now it is all I can think about. Where to find that perfect machine. Now I just need to find the space to store them all. Not sure if my DH is as excited as I am :-o
One of the clues on this machine is the belt groove on the handwheel. Most Davis treadles had the belt groove on the outside of the handwheel.
This is on ebay for #3200.00 He is in South Texas. Any buyers :lol: :lol: We could all chip in and send them to Billy!!!
LOL Billy might not want to or might not be able to move back in after his road trip if that was all send to his house. LOL Too much of a good thing.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:09 AM
EC

So DH and I took a ride to the Cape to follow up on a Featherweight posted on CL for $70. He came out of the garage carrying this

You are kidding....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]78610[/ATTACH]

Tried to talk him down a bit....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]78611[/ATTACH]

He didn't budge but I bought it anyway! It's not perfect, but it's mine!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]78612[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-78605.jpe   attachment-78606.jpe   attachment-78607.jpe  
Old 07-11-2010, 08:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Honchey

I know this guy he is in the service and when he was stationed over in Europe he would buy and fill containers full of these things and have them shipped back to the states on their tab! This is only a few of what he has and he has a lot of them and some really rare ones to boot. These are the okay condition machines and the vast majority of them are handcranks. Treadles were a novelty as such over in the UK and Europe because the flats were usually so small so the hand crank was the power source of choice.

He keeps coming down on them (they started around 8 or 9,000 dollars when he first listed them) but from what I hear he is a great guy to deal with when it comes to buying a machine.

But if you want to buy them for me to play with I am not arguing!!

Billy
Old 07-11-2010, 08:12 AM

OK, I finally clicked on this thread after how many months? The lap top I am using sits on top of a treadle sewing machine. I have unhooked the belt and I "treadle" while I type. I have changed the belt and have had my dad adjust it so many times that I am embarrassed to ask him again and it is still too loose. I cannot use it for sewing and it is so frustrating. I love this machine. Any suggestions?
Old 07-11-2010, 08:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by EC
So DH and I took a ride to the Cape to follow up on a Featherweight posted on CL for $70. He came out of the garage carrying this
Nice machine and a great deal!!!!

Congratulations!!!

Billy
Old 07-11-2010, 08:14 AM

Boy is that a find. We have been looking for one but they go to high in price. Hubby said he would double your price and buy your lunch. But, I know you wouldn't and I wouldn't either. Nice Nice Nice!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old 07-11-2010, 08:16 AM
EC

[quote=

Nice machine and a great deal!!!!

Congratulations!!!

Billy[/quote]

Thanks, the serial number is not far from the one you mailed for Darcene. That one was EV950499, this one is EV952887. Don't seem to be able to find much about it.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:19 AM

Great Machine. I would love to find a featherweight. I think God is teaching me patience....my featherweight is out there. Just hasn't found me yet :-D

Way to go on yours. Not only did you get a great machine, you got to spend the afternoon with your DH. Life doesn't get much better than that.