Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-11-2010, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Darcene
See page 103-

Amazing isn't it? Here we are at page 220--why I remember back when this thread was just a few pages long......where has the time gone? Oh yeah, it was just a couple of months ago.....This has to be one of the all time most popular threads that I know of......Thanks Billy.....
I wish that it would be made into its own section so we can keep up with the info a lot better and we can have a better grip on whats going on.

Maybe we need to present it to the Mod Squad and the Boss!!

Billy
It would be wonderful to be able to search and to organize messages within this thread.....what do we need to do to help make this happen......I have re-read the thread at least three times now from page 1 to present and there is a lot of very valuable information in these pages but without a way to search and organize it is very hard to find and refer others....

Darcene
Old 07-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Banned

would be wonderful to be able to search and to organize messages within this thread.....what do we need to do to help make this happen......I have re-read the thread at least three times now from page 1 to present and there is a lot of very valuable information in these pages but without a way to search and organize it is very hard to find and refer others....

Darcene
I know there is soo much wonderful information here that I do not want to loose. I think I might PM the Admin and see if she thinks it will warrant the option to having its own section in the forum.

Billy
Old 07-11-2010, 02:19 PM

Do you think that you could copy and paste any info you wanted to keep and just make a file on your computer and keep it for later use. Just a suggestion. Until you can talk with the Mod Squad. I have copied a few things I wanted to keep.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
would be wonderful to be able to search and to organize messages within this thread.....what do we need to do to help make this happen......I have re-read the thread at least three times now from page 1 to present and there is a lot of very valuable information in these pages but without a way to search and organize it is very hard to find and refer others....

Darcene
I know there is soo much wonderful information here that I do not want to loose. I think I might PM the Admin and see if she thinks it will warrant the option to having its own section in the forum.

Billy
Sounds like an excellent plan !!! Way to Go !! Bet a lot of others will agree.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:26 PM

I am not trying to be sarcastic at all but I have threaded this machine so many times I think I could do it blind folded. LOL. Hubby said we could probably thread it running. We are just haveing a hard time and run out of ideas. Have changed needle and bobbin race and bobbins. Will sew maybe one stitch then no more. Any suggestions from anyone would be helpful right now.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by jackkip
OMG...no this guy did not have this many. Is this a current listing? I would love to go and see this guy. Yes, we could all chip in and help Billy out :)
Are you serious about going to see him??? I emailed him and asked him If a person came to see him would he give us a good deal on some machines? He EMAILED me BACK and Wants to know How many are we talking about? I don't know what to do. I never expected him to want to deal. Anybody here live in this area want to get some machines?? OMG, I'm flabergasted! any advice guys?
Old 07-11-2010, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
I am not trying to be sarcastic at all but I have threaded this machine so many times I think I could do it blind folded. LOL. Hubby said we could probably thread it running. We are just haveing a hard time and run out of ideas. Have changed needle and bobbin race and bobbins. Will sew maybe one stitch then no more. Any suggestions from anyone would be helpful right now.
I am sorry that I do not know enough about this machine to be able to help you with the stitch problem....but I must say that you really scored on this machine and cabinet....the answer is out here somewhere and maybe someone will be able to help you out....is this a White rotary? Do you have any idea what size or type needle it uses....that seems to be an issue sometimes with the older machines...

The following information is not related to your specific machine but it does refer to a problem that another user was having with regard to difficulty with forming a stitch:

The machine takes a Boye Needle #4, or a Singer 20x1, which are no longer
made, but you can still find them around. You should be able to use a
standard 15x1 needle in the machine, but you are going to have to drop the
needle down in the needlebar to get it to sew. When it catches the bobbin
thread, you have succeeded. The original needle's eye was a bit further down
then the current 15x1 needle (4.3mm longer).

This quote comes from a vintage treadle site on yahoo....

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintag...ewingmachines/
Old 07-11-2010, 02:57 PM

I am sorry that I do not know enough about this machine to be able to help you with the stitch problem....but I must say that you really scored on this machine and cabinet....the answer is out here somewhere and maybe someone will be able to help you out....is this a White rotary? Do you have any idea what size or type needle it uses....that seems to be an issue sometimes with the older machines...

The following information is not related to your specific machine but it does refer to a problem that another user was having with regard to difficulty with forming a stitch:

The machine takes a Boye Needle #4, or a Singer 20x1, which are no longer
made, but you can still find them around. You should be able to use a
standard 15x1 needle in the machine, but you are going to have to drop the
needle down in the needlebar to get it to sew. When it catches the bobbin
thread, you have succeeded. The original needle's eye was a bit further down
then the current 15x1 needle (4.3mm longer).

This quote comes from a vintage treadle site on yahoo....
Thanks for the information

:D :D
Old 07-11-2010, 02:58 PM
EC

[quote=
So, does this make our machines sisters?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Darcene[/quote]

I would think so!
Old 07-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Banned

Have you checked the tension on the bobbin and the tension. Or is the needle in the wrong way or threaded in the wrong direction.

Oh and the obvious is it the right needle for the machine......