Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-22-2012, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Did Charlee disappear?
I'm here....
Old 04-22-2012, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Geeze, bugs! I have toads and frogs all over my yard, but they don't keep up with the slugs! The stupid slugs are mowing down my annuals! I have been out there every night picking slugs with a flashlight and putting them in soapy water! I don't use any bug killers - too afraid of the damage to the cats or Chihuahua's or my frogs/toads, whom I really like! I gave up on my garden, just put two tomatoes in pots real close to the back door -- I am tired of fighting with the deer over the tomatoes and veggies! It seems all the annuals I plant are not savory to the deer!

Nancy

My mama used to put out pie pans with beer in them to catch them and drown the slugs.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
I'm here....
When my girls used to get quiet, it meant they were probably up to something.....wink!
Old 04-22-2012, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
When my girls used to get quiet, it meant they were probably up to something.....wink!
MOI???? ~batting innocent eyes~
Old 04-22-2012, 09:35 AM

Miriam,

I do have belts and wires. No catalog, as I only am a tiny dealer who sells less than part time. AND I'm in the middle moving so time is really crunched. In fact its squished/ flattened. Just ask Charlee. VBG

Cathy

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Cathy, do you have belts? Wires? You need to send us a catalog or something.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:43 AM

Okay Ladies, I need some advice.. I just acquired a 1908 Singer 27 Treadle with the cabinet and I need to move it but it has to be taken apart partially. I've already removed the machine and drawers....I have never gone so fas as to remove anything else from a treadle. Can the cabinet be removed from the base and will the irons be stable after that? I don't have a truck or a van ...just a car and I'm hoping I can get the irons in the trunk. Honchey
Old 04-22-2012, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Geeze, bugs! I have toads and frogs all over my yard, but they don't keep up with the slugs! The stupid slugs are mowing down my annuals! I have been out there every night picking slugs with a flashlight and putting them in soapy water! I don't use any bug killers - too afraid of the damage to the cats or Chihuahua's or my frogs/toads, whom I really like! I gave up on my garden, just put two tomatoes in pots real close to the back door -- I am tired of fighting with the deer over the tomatoes and veggies! It seems all the annuals I plant are not savory to the deer!

Nancy

Nancy, get some chickens or ducks and that will get rid of your slugs. Missed you last night. Kathie
Old 04-22-2012, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Kathie S. View Post
Nancy, get some chickens or ducks and that will get rid of your slugs. Missed you last night. Kathie
Snakes are good too! But maybe the horses don't like snakes.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
Okay Ladies, I need some advice.. I just acquired a 1908 Singer 27 Treadle with the cabinet and I need to move it but it has to be taken apart partially. I've already removed the machine and drawers....I have never gone so fas as to remove anything else from a treadle. Can the cabinet be removed from the base and will the irons be stable after that? I don't have a truck or a van ...just a car and I'm hoping I can get the irons in the trunk. Honchey
Yes, you can take the wooden part of the cabinet off of the irons, and providing that they're complete and have no missing bolts, they should stay stable and you should be able to move them. I would think the irons would fit into a trunk, even if you have to tie the trunk lid down just long enough to get them home.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Power Poster

Here are pictures of the loaded van - you can't see much so I put up pictures of it as it goes unloaded. We put tshirts on all the machines to keep them from getting too scratched up so it looks like a pile of laundry. Then he put plywood on top and made another row of machines. He was afraid the van would max out on weight so he piled cabinets on top of the machines. Nothing was damaged!!! There are some pretty cool machines in the load. OH and we have to go get the rest on Tuesday.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]329768[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]329769[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]329767[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 40-out-65-cl-machines-4-22-12-007.jpg   40-out-65-cl-machines-4-22-12-023.jpg   40-out-65-cl-machines-4-22-12-036.jpg