Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-24-2012, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Poor Frankenstein 301. Why would someone pay top dollar for it...yuck. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Singer-301A-...#ht_500wt_1221

And another... http://www.ebay.com/itm/SINGER-301A-...ht_2215wt_1389

Poor, poor things!!!
OK, well, I kinda like the first one...I also thought about combining pieces off of two to get one like that. I lke the black and tan, but not the two toned tan they made with the second one...the colors kind of clash. The first one is NOT a repaint...they just put parts of two together.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Kathie that is a very reasonable price for a Two Spools and that is the exact same cabinet my Eldredge Two Spools sits in! But, unless you just want to get away for a road trip, you are going to spend quite a lot driving to Redding in gas! It would be a nice trip, though, and a really nice machine!

Nancy
I agree with this. If I lived anywhere north of Sacramento, I'd be driving up Hwy 5 to Redding to get that machine!! And that is a good price compared to others I've seen outside of CA.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:42 AM

I posted pics of my Davis New VF "Olga" in the Photos thread. Don't laugh when you see her cabinet!! I'm debating what to do about it.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by jljack View Post
I posted pics of my Davis New VF "Olga" in the Photos thread. Don't laugh when you see her cabinet!! I'm debating what to do about it.
Janice I could only see the machine? Are you sure the cabinet made it into the photo?

Nancy
Old 04-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Power Poster

Janice I could only see the machine? Are you sure the cabinet made it into the photo?

Nancy
Is it that orange cabinet?
Old 04-24-2012, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Phyllis nm View Post
Bojangles, I stocked vending machine for 8 years, 2 were coffee machines. I saved all the coffee grinds and threw them all over the yard. It gets rid of slugs and it is good cafene for all plants. Go to a local coffee shop and collect theirs for free.

I friend offered me a 319 singer in a small cabinet with all the cams and feet for $375, I countered offered $150. What is it worth?
Phyllis, I am going to try the coffee grounds! That would be a good solution - if it works!

If you can get the 319 in a cabinet with the cams and feet - and the machine is in good shape - motor and all, I'd pay $100 + for it. I wouldn't pay more than $150, not in the current economy.

Nancy
Old 04-24-2012, 12:22 PM

[QUOTE=BoJangles;5166101]It was a clinic with obstacles and desensitizing for my horse that likes to buck me off!

Nancy I am surprised that you do not have any broken bones from being bucked off. You have no padding on you for
protection. Kathie
Old 04-24-2012, 12:47 PM

[QUOTE=Kathie S.;5166863]
It was a clinic with obstacles and desensitizing for my horse that likes to buck me off!

Nancy I am surprised that you do not have any broken bones from being bucked off. You have no padding on you for
protection. Kathie
Kathie, you are so funny! I have had plenty of broken bones from horses, just been lucky lately - hence, the clinics to try and advert any more broken bones!

Nancy
Old 04-24-2012, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Oh say it isn't so! You're not going to keep the 301? I know, I know, you can't keep them all:> I hope you got the bobbin case with it, cause original bobbin cases are verrrrrry pricey. I bet you can sell that one very quickly! I just got a 301 up and running that was rusted tight. After only 4 hours of elbow grease it just FMQed a baby quilt for me. Love my 301's!!
Candace, I have to admit I am becoming a little fickle with my FW's now that I have started using the 301! The more I use my 301, the more I like it - so much so that I am now going to the 301 instead of my FW's when I need to use an electric machine!

Nancy
Old 04-24-2012, 12:55 PM

Wow Cathy, Orangevale is much closer for me! I use to live in Orangevale before we ended up with 10 horses and need more room!

Nancy