Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-26-2012, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
heehee...I've got to find a pair of shoes like MUV has..I love those shoes!!

I treadle in my socks.

MUV, again you have done another excellent video!!! Thank you!!!
I thought the same thing! "Pretty legs, NICE SHOES!!" It's a really nice video, I so enjoy listening to Muv's voice...very soothing voice...
Old 04-26-2012, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/atq/2981247247.html
ARGH - no more room - this is a good deal - anybody else live in Indianapolis???
For $30 I'd MAKE room!!
Old 04-26-2012, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
I thought the same thing! "Pretty legs, NICE SHOES!!" It's a really nice video, I so enjoy listening to Muv's voice...very soothing voice...
I love her voice too! She does excellent tutorials!!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
I love her voice too! She does excellent tutorials!!
Yes she does, without making one feel overwhelmed or stupid!!

THANK MUV!!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:01 PM

Rosie99,

The 15-88 has reverse lever and didn't come in the Tiffany decals.This is probably a 15-30.

Cathy

Originally Posted by rosie99 View Post
This was posted on the classified board and it is actually in my area, sort of. I'm thinking it is a 15-88 with gingerbread/Tiffany decals? I emailed him and asked a price and am waiting to hear back. What do you think? I don't think I would pay more than $100 if that?

http://www.nlclassifieds.com/classif...rniture/842183
Old 04-27-2012, 01:24 AM
Muv

There has been plenty of laughter here this morning, and I have a scraggy pair of legs that are feeling very flattered. There was a ladder in the right leg of my tights which was pulled round out of sight of the camera. Perhaps we should have left it in view for the natural look.

Vintagemotif - the ankle boots are made by Rieker, German, so in keeping with the machine. They make shoes for comfort, so most of their stuff is pretty frumpy - but these boots, soft black leather... I tried them on and that was it!
Old 04-27-2012, 01:56 AM
Muv

Monroe - I have stuck a couple of notes on the video about reverse. I hope it makes it clearer.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:12 AM

Very well done. I was expecting a short skirt though.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:41 AM

For $30 I'd MAKE room!!
Me TOO!

Nancy
Old 04-27-2012, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Some times it helps to step away for a while - vent a bit... Is the arm thingy in the throat plate right? Can you see if the timing is off? Get out a magnifying glass. You've done it so you know the drill. I wouldn't fool with it until you try everything else. At least you know what it isn't so far. A burr or a gob of dried on oil could keep the thread from flowing through the tension - you can run a piece of string through the tension disks and see if it snags. Maybe do a clean up on the disks for good measure. Maybe look at the thread as it goes through the tension and see if it looks like it is advancing evenly.
Miriam, I do know the drill! Yes, I tried everything I could think of short of removing the tension and the bobbin assembly/hook race. I tried several different needles in case one was bent - even went between universal and sharps - tried re-threading both bobbin and thread path, tried changing bobbins, changing bobbin cases, played and played with both tensions - upper and lower. It just seems like there is a hickup in the system. I can actually see when it will skip as the thread has extra play like it is going to skip; and, I can actually hear it. The skipping is not consistent. The machine will sew perfect for a while - then skip a stitch. It is so frustrating. If this were my machine, I'd take the tension off and check that first! I have tried running a thread through the tension disks, even put in some oil to loosen things up - it seems like everything is clear. I took the needle plate off and cleaned everything using a flashlight in case there were a thread caught in there somewhere - no burrs there either. I even changed the foot to make sure there were no issues there. As you know, I have 5 FW's so I know how to care for them properly, but this one - I am now almost convinced has a timing issue, which is Cathy's thing not mine! I fixed the timing on my 319w, but I won't attempt that with someone else's machine.

Cathy what do you say about the skipped stitches? Is there a place the FW's thread can catch once in a while like the position finger on the 319w? I have seen you spread things apart in weird ways at times when you are fixing a thread catch problem!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 04-27-2012 at 05:56 AM.