Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3455 of 4411 FirstFirst ... 2455 2955 3355 3405 3445 3454 3455 3456 3465 3505 3555 3955 ... LastLast
Results 34,541 to 34,550 of 44107

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Nancy, BoJangles is a beautiful horse!
    Thank you Monica, BoJangles is a very large - over 16 hands - 10 year old quarter horse. I purchased him when he was 3 months old! I am the only one that has ever been on his back!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Questions for someone: While cleaning my older Singer with shuttle bobbin, the front slide comes off, but the back one seems fixed. I remember Charlee saying the front one gets lost easily, so does the back one not come off at all? Also there's a small hole under the slide, it was full of lint or something. Was it one of the wicking oil spots? I don't have a manual on this one. Thanks for any help.

Blog Entries
    Etchasketch, you posted a fiddle base model 15 in the photo section that you said dates 1885. I have been doing some research, and I found there was a Model 15 made in 1879 that was a long beak shuttle with a spoked hand wheel. Is your 15 a shuttle? I would love to see that machine in person as I have never seen a Model 15 fiddle base! I can't find a reference to a 15 fiddle base! So interesting!

Who was it asking about when did the 99 become electrified? As far as I can find out, the first electric 99 was the 99-13 which was manufactured starting in 1924.

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grannysewer View Post
    Questions for someone: While cleaning my older Singer with shuttle bobbin, the front slide comes off, but the back one seems fixed. I remember Charlee saying the front one gets lost easily, so does the back one not come off at all? Also there's a small hole under the slide, it was full of lint or something. Was it one of the wicking oil spots? I don't have a manual on this one. Thanks for any help.
    Grannysewer, the hole under the front slide plate is an oil spot, and yes it does have a wick in there. The hole gets full of lint so you need to make sure you take out the lint without damaging the wick. The back slide plate comes off also, but on most of the old 27's it is frozen on as it was never removed.

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    Nancy; I have one of those that I won at an auction. I was bidding against a guy who buys and then resells machines so I paid about $300. DH was with me and kept urging me to go higher so I did. His name is Fritz and he is a workhorse. I hope this helps.
    Chris
    Wow Chris can you post a photo! I think that Bernina is a really neat looking machine - it looks like a work horse! I have so many Singers that now I am more interested in the odd looking, different type machines! I wouldn't pay $500 for any vintage machine, though! But, I do really like the way it looks!

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Wow Chris can you post a photo! I think that Bernina is a really neat looking machine - it looks like a work horse! I have so many Singers that now I am more interested in the odd looking, different type machines! I wouldn't pay $500 for any vintage machine, though! But, I do really like the way it looks!

Nancy
    It is a neat machine. Bernina and Chandler(sp?) made some industrial machines together and this green machine probably pre-dates that.

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Pat or someone else,
    Who made this machine?
    Picture of "queen" treadle machine
    My guess would be New Home, but I'd have to look it up to be sure.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    I have never seen a Model 15 fiddle base! I can't find a reference to a 15 fiddle base!
    Hi Nancy,

The Singer 15 fiddlebase (15-1, I think) is usually referred to as the IF, for Improved Family. (The New Family was the Singer 12.)

pat