Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3574 of 4396 FirstFirst ... 2574 3074 3474 3524 3564 3573 3574 3575 3584 3624 3674 4074 ... LastLast
Results 35,731 to 35,740 of 43960

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #35731
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,580
    Blog Entries
    1
    Ok, I have not looked at Craigslist for a couple weeks, but I peeked a little tonight! This one looks interesting! I went to e-bay to see what it looked like! I shouldn't have looked!

    http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/3082706859.html

    I am buying one more sewing machine from Miriam, then I am done done done done! Did I say DONE buying machines! Oh except for a long bed 301! I do want one of those!
    Nancy
    Last edited by BoJangles; 06-16-2012 at 07:23 PM.

  2. #35732
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,580
    Blog Entries
    1
    Oh here is the pink Sterling I bought a couple weeks ago. My granddaughter decided she wants to finish a rag quilt she started a few years ago - using the pink machine! I am really glad this machine will be used!Name:  Pink Sterling.JPG
Views: 234
Size:  1.32 MB I oiled and cleaned her up - it will be good for the machine to get a good work out!

    Nancy

    Oh the blue painters tape is Kassidy's seam allowance. Also, this machine is one of those dedicated left hand needle position machines that Miz Johnny used to talk about!
    Last edited by BoJangles; 06-16-2012 at 07:39 PM.

  3. #35733
    Super Member jlhmnj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Millville, NJ
    Posts
    1,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    It's only 8 hours from me....
    8 hrs is a long ride for a sewing machine unless you can come up with an excuse to be in the area (family, friends, etc...). Think I'm starting to prefer ebay for heads. Last time I bought a treadle off craigslist I got a $125 speeding ticket in DC not to mention the gas money. That was my most expensive Davis ever.

    Jon

  4. #35734
    Super Member irishrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cadillac, MI
    Posts
    6,583
    Blog Entries
    19
    Question on the dedicated left hand machine. Isn't the painter's tape over the feed dogs? I checked out my Universal tonight looking for a machine to use while the 301 is out of commission and the needle is so far left that a 1/4" will be in the right feed. I don't see how it can sew a straight 1/4". All I can do is try tomorrow after I put a new plug on it.

  5. #35735
    Super Member SewExtremeSeams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Posts
    6,552
    Blog Entries
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltdoctor View Post
    DH has had 2 of 5 daily chemo treatments for Acute Myeloid Lukemia. He is tolerating it pretty well so far. His blood counts are in the pits, so he is getting blood and platelets regularly. He will be hospitalized till about July 15, if all goes well. This is a stubborn cancer that takes a rough chemo. I read the list every day on my smart phone while at the hospital. I'm enjoying seeing everyone's new machines. Mine are sitting here keeping me company.

    Off to bed for me.

    Texas Jan
    Bless you Jan. I will be praying for you and your husband. I can't even imagine what you two are going through. Please keep us updated.

    Linda

    Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

  6. #35736
    Super Member SewExtremeSeams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Posts
    6,552
    Blog Entries
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Ok, I have not looked at Craigslist for a couple weeks, but I peeked a little tonight! This one looks interesting! I went to e-bay to see what it looked like! I shouldn't have looked!

    http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/3082706859.html

    I am buying one more sewing machine from Miriam, then I am done done done done! Did I say DONE buying machines! Oh except for a long bed 301! I do want one of those!
    Nancy

    Done????? ...the very thought of being done...

    Linda

    Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

  7. #35737
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,510
    Blog Entries
    6
    Where's Monica? Has anyone seen/heard from her?
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

    http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

  8. #35738
    Super Member SewExtremeSeams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Posts
    6,552
    Blog Entries
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Linda, I'm glad you had a good time! What a fun way to spend the day...

    When do you go pick up the new girl? ~wink and a grin~
    Picked her up Friday. Man, I have so many photos to take and post. Alas, it is bedtime though. I work the Visitors' Booth at early service tomorrow. TTFN

    Linda

    Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

  9. #35739
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,510
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
    8 hrs is a long ride for a sewing machine unless you can come up with an excuse to be in the area (family, friends, etc...). Think I'm starting to prefer ebay for heads. Last time I bought a treadle off craigslist I got a $125 speeding ticket in DC not to mention the gas money. That was my most expensive Davis ever.

    Jon
    ~grin~ I'm a former trucker Jon...8 hours is nothin'! I'm not going to go get it, at that price, its most likely already gone...but it IS tempting!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

    http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

  10. #35740
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,320
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltdoctor View Post
    DH has had 2 of 5 daily chemo treatments for Acute Myeloid Lukemia. He is tolerating it pretty well so far. His blood counts are in the pits, so he is getting blood and platelets regularly. He will be hospitalized till about July 15, if all goes well. This is a stubborn cancer that takes a rough chemo. I read the list every day on my smart phone while at the hospital. I'm enjoying seeing everyone's new machines. Mine are sitting here keeping me company.

    Off to bed for me.

    Texas Jan
    Take a little time for Jan - you both are in my prayers.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.