Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3590 of 4369 FirstFirst ... 2590 3090 3490 3540 3580 3589 3590 3591 3600 3640 3690 4090 ... LastLast
Results 35,891 to 35,900 of 43683

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack View Post
    Monica I was watching that 328 on an auction, but didn't go for it. Instead I got a National Reversew, and am waiting for it to come home! I just think they are so cool looking.

DH is still working on the MUT or as I call it, the Frankentreadle. He has the top on it and the generic hole cut in it, and now is figuring out how to cut out a separate "plate" for each machine to sit in. It's coming along!!
    Janice, the Singer 328k has the decorative stitches that are always fun to use in bindings or quilting.

Right now, I have that machine off to the side while a play with my Necchi Supernova. I like both machines. I knew what the Necchi could do since I grew up learning to sew on a Necchi Supernova. But I was very surprised and impressed at the Singer 328k quality of decorative stitching. As I stated, Singer's are excellent simple machines!!! And easy to find the parts, if needed.

I'm looking forward to seeing the completed Frankentreadle!

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Glenn, you look so great with your new quilt made with loving hands. I am sorry that I didn't get a block made for your quilt. It is sew much fun reading all about it though. Enjoy your vacation!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grannysewer View Post
    Glenn, have a question for you. I have a machine that the finish is cracked and peeling. Do you think I could use the method you use to refinish it? Bobbie
    Glenn might have gone fishing again - that is the type of finish he describes in his tutorial - do it!!!
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Glenn might have gone fishing again - that is the type of finish he describes in his tutorial - do it!!!
    Ok, Miriam. Here goes, I'm going to try it. Nothing to lose, these machines look awful right now. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Glenn, have a question for you. I have a machine that the finish is cracked and peeling. Do you think I could use the method you use to refinish it? Bobbie
    If you are talking about the head(machine) yes you can. If the black Japan is flaking just cont to restore and when I return from fishing I will give complete instructions on how to repair the flaking japan.

Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If you are talking about the head(machine) yes you can. If the black Japan is flaking just cont to restore and when I return from fishing I will give complete instructions on how to repair the flaking japan.

Skip
    Oh and if you are talking about the cabinet just follow my tuts on this. Have fun
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    I will be leaving early early in the morning for my fishing trip and will be gone for about 10 days. When we go camping there are no computers and the cell phones may be off. When we vacation we vacation!!!!!! Now ladies and gents play nice while I am gone. Fiesty and Miriam behave yourselves.. I will have a full report when I return. I am outer of here.

Your friend Skipper
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Nancy, was the quilt as you go by Betty Cotton? My GD made one using her technique couple years ago. Turned out very nice. She used every decorative stitch I have on one of my machines. I've used it too, and find it easy to do.
    You know I don't know for sure, but there is a gal who teaches the Quilt As You Go Reversible method here at all our local quilt stores. I am pretty sure she use the Sharon Pederson method because that is the book she recommends. When I took her class a few years ago, she had all the instructions written out already for the class so I am not totally sure where she learned. It is a really fun method - you work on a section or a block at a time. I use to quilt very large - queen and king sized quilts under my Pfaff 1222e, then I got the Pfaff Grand Quilter. I have done lots of those really big quilts on my dinning room table! Never with a FW! I can't imagine trying to do that! Anyway, I then bought a long arm machine with a table large enough for a 108 inch quilt, but I really prefer to do Quilt As You Go! Besides, I LOVE using my Singer 15-88 treadle to quilt the blocks! I do all my FM and all my quilting at home with the 15-88 treadle. I have better control with the treadle than I do an electric machine!

Nancy
    Last edited by BoJangles; 06-20-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    BTW Charlee the cabinet looks great and do see the angel
    Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I will be leaving early early in the morning for my fishing trip and will be gone for about 10 days. When we go camping there are no computers and the cell phones may be off. When we vacation we vacation!!!!!! Now ladies and gents play nice while I am gone. Fiesty and Miriam behave yourselves.. I will have a full report when I return. I am outer of here.

Your friend Skipper
    Glenn you have a really good time - I hope you get lots of R&R's! By the time you get back I hope I have everyone's block put on Muv's site!~ I can only do a few every morning, but I will get ALL the blocks loaded there as soon as I can!

Nancy