Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3628 of 4380 FirstFirst ... 2628 3128 3528 3578 3618 3627 3628 3629 3638 3678 3728 4128 ... LastLast
Results 36,271 to 36,280 of 43792

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    These are the quilt blocks I picked up the other day...they cost me 1.50... Anyone have an idea of date for these fabrics?

Attachment 345352
    Could be the origanial 30's material that they are now reproducing. I like the different colors.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    I just heard from the 301's seller. She wanted to know what I wanted for the broken case or did I want to return the machine? My answer will make some you purist's hair stand on end - the price of a roll of duct tape and a can of spray paint. I want the case to store the machine after she makes a table runner, not for its possible historical value. I do not want to return a 301!!!!!
    My Sewmore 404 came in a box that had completely fallen apart in shipping. I took it apart cleaned it and glued it all back together. Now to cover it. I'm going to use a dark burgundy polished cotton for that.

Our Domestic's box was badly messed up so I glued it back together, then used acrylic craft paints to touch up the damaged area.

I have many of the old cases that have had separated joints that Elmer's wood glue has fixed nicely.

I don't think I could stand duct tape though.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Joe, my children call me the duct tape queen. They even bought me a calendar and a book of 1001 things you can do with duct tape. Have you seen the tie dye and the leopard prints? Very cool, but I haven't found a use for them yet. John, I've used 97 cent spray paint, but love the coverage of a new one, I think it's Rustoleum X2. My only concern is scuffing up the tape enough so the paint will hold. Steel wool? You're right, packing tape is strong.

Blog Entries
    Update: the seller refunded me $20 instead of the smaller amount I asked for. That means I paid $89 total for a long bed 301, a packed box of attachments and a repairable case. I can handle that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
    Could be the origanial 30's material that they are now reproducing. I like the different colors.
    That's what I was thinking Trish...these are old blocks, just wasn't sure how old. Thin muslin tho... am tempted to back it with a heavier muslin.
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    Update: the seller refunded me $20 instead of the smaller amount I asked for. That means I paid $89 total for a long bed 301, a packed box of attachments and a repairable case. I can handle that.
    Sounds good. That $20.00 will cover the repair needs and then some I think.

Joe

That's what I was thinking Trish...these are old blocks, just wasn't sure how old. Thin muslin tho... am tempted to back it with a heavier muslin.
    I like the one on the lower right corner that looks like a tile mosaic.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
    I was thinking the same. That should be a pretty quilt.

Blog Entries
    These are the quilt blocks I picked up the other day...they cost me 1.50... Anyone have an idea of date for these fabrics?

Attachment 345352
    Charlee, Very pretty is all I can say and I also like the tile, mosaic looking one. You stole them for $1.50.
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Charlee, what a fun find! Are they edged in a bias strip, or is that stitching? It looks very uniform throughout the blocks.
    I have a screw driver and YouTube--I can fix it!