Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-02-2012, 01:52 PM

Charlee congrats on your new machine, I knew you would get it. This Franklin I am cleaning for the tutorial is a lot like my White rotary. Could this be badged White. The bobbins are the same. Should be able to post the tut in about a week with pics and then you guys can ask all the questions you want.
Skip
Old 07-02-2012, 02:23 PM

Wow! Congrats, Charlee!! My next machine is gonna be a 301!! I think I said that 3 machines ago....maybe even 4!!! LOL! This time I almost mean it!!
Old 07-02-2012, 02:54 PM

Skip, yes. I do believe the Franklins were badged by White.

I'm so excited!! Aunt Kandi just send me a message that she's picking up the machine at 7 tonite!!!!! WOOHOOOOO!!

A 301 has been on my wishlist for awhile now...and to be honest, I really wanted a black one, but will be pleased as punch with this one! Especially since I know her history!
Old 07-02-2012, 03:06 PM

Poor little thing has been rode hard. This drawer is strange. It looks like felt {?} was glued inside. But the depth is ¾” less than the other drawers. Pieces of wood set-in about 6” up the front then solid to the back, about ¼” spacing between the pieces. Was there a purpose for this? photo-pp 60
Old 07-02-2012, 03:30 PM

Phyllis, You did NOT get a bad deal on that machine! The attachments alone are worth what you paid for it!!!

The drawer with felt actually had felt in it. Mine is a gray-blue color. It was meant to be able to store and separate attachments. The felt was to cushion the attachments and keep them from sliding around.

She's going to clean up beautifully!
Old 07-02-2012, 03:52 PM

The felt was covering the slits in the wood; I re-cover and try to place felt into the slots to separate the attachments. I have some felt covered contact paper mint for jewelry boxes, will that work?
Old 07-02-2012, 03:59 PM

Oh yes, I would think so!! I can't wait to see what you do with this girl!! I'm excited for you, even tho I know you have some doubts!
Old 07-02-2012, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Skip, yes. I do believe the Franklins were badged by White.

I'm so excited!! Aunt Kandi just send me a message that she's picking up the machine at 7 tonite!!!!! WOOHOOOOO!!

A 301 has been on my wishlist for awhile now...and to be honest, I really wanted a black one, but will be pleased as punch with this one! Especially since I know her history!
Phyllis congratulations on your Davis!

Charlee ditto to you and your 301!

Glenn not ALL Franklins were made by White. Davis also made a Franklin in/around 1911. It was a clone of Singers 27/127's with elaborate decals. Kathie on here has one of the Davis Franklins!

Nancy
Old 07-02-2012, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by ReginaM View Post
Okay, I hope I figured things out now.
Regina, I love the quilt! I have a 15-88 treadle that I do most of my free motion quilting on. You know those 15's not only have reverse, but they also drop their feed dogs? They are great machines!

Nancy
Old 07-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Regina, I love the quilt! I have a 15-88 treadle that I do most of my free motion quilting on. You know those 15's not only have reverse, but they also drop their feed dogs? They are great machines!

Nancy
some of the older ones drop from underneath