Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-13-2012, 04:28 AM
Power Poster

I don't know why the pics don't all show. Anybody ever see a case for long bobbins?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355249[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails old-long-bobbin-sewing-machine-005.jpg  
Old 08-13-2012, 04:39 AM

Miriam,

I've never seen one like that, but I could sure use it. I've got 5 running .... I think it's 5 ..... long bobbin machines.

Joe
Old 08-13-2012, 05:29 AM

Going to pick this one up tomorrow. I love this decal design Haven't seen one for sale though.
http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/clt/3138805031.html
Old 08-13-2012, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by jennb View Post
Going to pick this one up tomorrow. I love this decal design Haven't seen one for sale though.
Love the decals on this one! Do post photos when you get her cleaned up? You don't see this style often.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:42 AM

I watched "How to make an American Quilt" last night for the umpteenth time. I know you've probably watched this movie a lot too, right? This movie has subtle life messages in it, and some not so subtle. Each time I watch it something new stands out. For instance, last night there was a scene where one woman says the hardest thing about being friends with women is that they're women. Some women can be nasty and mean. She lost her husband to cancer a year before, and although she joined the other women in they're quilting task, it seemed she was singled out as the one they picked on, and with no good reason. I thought she handled their treatment of her graciously and with forbearance.

As the movie progresses, we're shown the various struggles each woman has had in her life. The only woman whose life was picture perfect was the woman they picked on. She had a wonderful relationship with her husband, she missed him terribly. A husband of one of the other women targeted her vulnerability, and was rebuffed. Her character, out of all the women, was notably the most sterling.

When I see women picking on someone, (it happens to all us) I try to keep this in mind, you don't know what they've gone through in life. The mere fact that they're picking at you, is proof they have some struggle going on. Sometimes I fail, and lash back, but most times I absorb it... and let it roll of my back at a later time.

Anyway, these are just thoughts running through my head this morning. How's your morning going?

Last edited by Christine-; 08-13-2012 at 05:48 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I don't know why the pics don't all show. Anybody ever see a case for long bobbins?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355249[/ATTACH]
Like Joe, I could use a case like that. I've only got one machine with bobbins but it came with like 8 bobbins. Interesting that it's a plastic case.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by jennb View Post
Jenn, are those the pheasant decals? They look great and you don't see them often here in Kansas either.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:54 AM

I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in a couple of old motors that I would like to give away. One motor I took off a Singer Spartan and it has the foot pedal, belt and the plug to plug it into an electrical socket. I never plugged it in to see if it worked. The other motor is off a Singer 99, it has a light fixture attached to it, but no foot pedal or electrical plug. I haven't taken any pictures, but I can if you need to see them.

If anyone is interested, please PM me. I can mail them out on Saturday, August 17th.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
.... Anybody ever see a case for long bobbins?

Hi Miriam,

A company made a clear plastic box available back as early as 1951 that was called a “Reynolds Bobbin Box”. It came as either a “Rotary Bobbin Box” or a “Vibrator Bobbin Box”.

Made of Lifetime plastic, virtually indestructible, can’t tip or spill contents, and the user could select any color of thread at a glance. Not sure if yours is a Reynolds, but they’ve been around.

CD in Oklahoma

Last edited by ThayerRags; 08-13-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:57 AM

Great price for such rare pheasant decals!!!!! I've only seen a few, usually trashed, and I managed to acquire 2 decent ones. Lucky you!