Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3744 of 4417 FirstFirst ... 2744 3244 3644 3694 3734 3743 3744 3745 3754 3794 3844 4244 ... LastLast
Results 37,431 to 37,440 of 44165

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sew wishful View Post
    Anyone heard of an Apartment SM? Looks like a 3/4 Singer, but definitely says Apartment across the top. Pretty neat little machine. It's for sale and I'm asking questions of the owner, but she works nights soooo...will take a while to get back to me.
    I have an Apartment SM. It may be a Western Electric Apartment SM if I remember correctly. I also think it's a full size machine but I woudl need to dig it out and DH only wants to unearth if they're also going to a new home. I do remember mine has a nice cabinet where the flap opens to the rear or so it seems to me. Hope this helps.
    Chris
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

So, Joe, what you are saying is that lowering that needle a little bit, like I suggested, changed things. Hmmm. You are welcome for the advice in post 37370.
    Last edited by melinda1962; 08-13-2012 at 07:47 PM.
    Melinda

Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    Have a question...
    I have a couple of rusty bobbins ~ the spindle portion ~ and am wondering if they can be resurrected to new life or are they toast? I need some to go with the machine I'm donating and it came with those rusty bobbins plus two like I've never seen before that I am keeping for my own machines which use 66 bobbins. TIA.
    Chris
    chuck them into some evaporust overnight and they will be fine. Evaporust can dull a shiny finish, but for bobbins I don't care. Laura

Quote Originally Posted by Christine- View Post
    Here's a machine for the extremely short among us!

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/clt/3203638047.html
    It was robbed of it's treadle base. At least it was not trashed. Sort of pricey though.
    Sweet Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    ARGH - pictures... Let me try again. What machine is in the picture.
    Attachment 355365
    It looks like the 27 Crinkle that I posted about last week. Even down to the small hand wheel. Refurbished and electrified at some time.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    It looks like the 27 Crinkle that I posted about last week. Even down to the small hand wheel. Refurbished and electrified at some time.
    So it probably is a 27 that has been converted. It seems to be a very nice machine. Skip didn't wanna test it out. I should have made him...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    So it probably is a 27 that has been converted. It seems to be a very nice machine. Skip didn't wanna test it out. I should have made him...
    Singer Model 27 Crinkle, Perplexed

Here is the link about my Singer 27 Crinkle. This machine is the only one of the herd/hoard that I have been unable to fix. She was frozen up solid in the upper innards. At least until yesterday. I will detail my fight with that machine as an update to the above thread. I am thinking that the 27 had the lower mounted bobbin winder and the 127 had the higher mounted one.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    Singer Model 27 Crinkle, Perplexed

Here is the link about my Singer 27 Crinkle. This machine is the only one of the herd/hoard that I have been unable to fix. She was frozen up solid in the upper innards. At least until yesterday. I will detail my fight with that machine as an update to the above thread. I am thinking that the 27 had the lower mounted bobbin winder and the 127 had the higher mounted one.
    I missed all that excitement. I'm thinking mine was a rewire. The motor is mounted to the back and that wheel is an exchange.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
    Joe,

Yes, the Q foot is a clear plastic kenmore foot that came with q needles. I see them in sets on shop goodwill sometimes. That foot was the life saver for t shirt type fabrics. Also, you can try cheating the needle down just a smidge, if you don't have the q foot. Not sure of the logic, just that it sometimes worked back in the day.
    Melinda,

I did not ignore this suggestion, it was just one of many things I read that did not fully gel. I had the needles set to the same over all length, I had not thought about the eye placement. Had you gone into some detail as to why I should cheat the needle down, I might have tried it sooner. Since I had them the same length I did not want to risk making the needle too long without a good reason.
    Seeing for myself the misaligned eyes gave me that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
    So, Joe, what you are saying is that lowering that needle a little bit, like I suggested, changed things. Hmmm. You are welcome for the advice in post 37370.
    Melinda,

Don't take offense that I didn't jump right to your suggestion. I have a dozen projects running concurrently and I didn't get back to the Kenmore until last night just before I posted the last comment about it. Please also read my previous response.

Joe