Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-16-2012, 08:56 AM

This one is for sale in Sacramento for $50 via CL if anyone is looking for a Viking Treadle. Pretty cool!
Attached Thumbnails img_1397.jpg   img_1399.jpg  
Old 09-16-2012, 09:09 AM

Hi Everyone,

This is Marie from TX. I will soon post pictures of my new Pfaff 30 treadle from CL and my newest addition: a LBOW 301A that just happened to be at my local GW last Friday. They are sitting side by side in my living room. I now need to decide what furniture needs to go!

Candace, I love this Husqvarna. Would snap it up in an instant. First one I have seen like this. You guys are enablers! LOL

Blessings to you all! Marie
Old 09-16-2012, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
This one is for sale in Sacramento for $50 via CL if anyone is looking for a Viking Treadle. Pretty cool!
Candace, How did you get the link to the pictures since the CL posting doesn't show any photos of the machine?
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/3273912932.html

Pretty machine with very nice decals!

There is a Vicker's with not so nice decals, but it has a HC in the Sacramento area: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cbd/3261954586.html Might be a good find for someone wanting a Vicker's with HC.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:11 AM

I asked the seller for them. I think someone here needs to give it a home pronto. No, it won't be me.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:44 AM

Hello, I'm new to the Quilting Board. I've been sewing since I was a child. I own 5 machines, two of which I use regularly and 1 that's being used by my DD. Yesterday I found this Greyhound machine at a yard sale and I'm having trouble finding information on it. Can anyone help?[ATTACH=CONFIG]363146[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails photo-35-.jpg  
Old 09-16-2012, 12:36 PM

Hi Candace, do you have any other information on it? Looks very nice!
Thank you, Anamaria

Old 09-16-2012, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingweb View Post
Does anyone know if a White Rotary, circa 1929 that was originally built as a corded machine can be turned into a hand crank or treadle? It's all cleaned up now, but it's cabinet is in sad shape and the wiring is worse.

Barb in MN
You'd have to change out the wheel on the machine to turn it into a treadle. They are different on the electrics, being a friction drive instead of a belt drive like on Singer machines (which are much easier to convert). This is something on my list of "to do" projects, but I haven't actually done this.

Changing the wheel looks to be some work, but not impossible. See the pages at Treadle On. Changing a White wheel.

Edit: Okay, see your question was answered already! Have fun with your White.

Last edited by Bennett; 09-16-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Charq View Post
Hello, I'm new to the Quilting Board. I've been sewing since I was a child. I own 5 machines, two of which I use regularly and 1 that's being used by my DD. Yesterday I found this Greyhound machine at a yard sale and I'm having trouble finding information on it. Can anyone help?[ATTACH=CONFIG]363146[/ATTACH]
It looks like one of New Home's Greyhound machines!

Nancy
Old 09-16-2012, 01:14 PM

I asked the seller for them. I think someone here needs to give it a home pronto. No, it won't be me.
Geeeze, Candace I saw the ad, but had no idea the machine looked like that! I'd take that machine in a heart beat! Anamaria, are you going for this machine?

Nancy
Old 09-16-2012, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I messed with a Singer 503 this morning - it was pretty dirty - inside and out - Skip I have to put an new plug on it - the old cord has some crimps toward the plug... The balance wheel was very stuck on so I pulled the motor thinking I could get in the inside a bit - NOT... but I did accidentally discover it is easier to change out the bobbin tire with the motor out!!! The tire had crumbled all over that end of the machine - tire powder everywhere. Then when I tried to get it off it stuck like glue... I'll still have to test sew after the plug is fixed plus clean and adjust the tension. It always amazes me how well those clean up. I think I prefer the 503 to the 500 because it is so much simpler to use besides it will do the same stitches with the right disks. Oh and I got the balance wheel off... DH wandered into the shop and he was wearing some leather gloves - he was able to get it unstuck... Seems like that is a common problem with that model machine - I think it is the shape of the balance wheel - kinda hard to grip.
Miriam, I am with you. I prefer my 503! That machine just does the cam that is inserted - no fuss no muss - very simple to use!

Nancy