Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3798 of 4419 FirstFirst ... 2798 3298 3698 3748 3788 3797 3798 3799 3808 3848 3898 4298 ... LastLast
Results 37,971 to 37,980 of 44181

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    We bought a little Singer 99 that was wired for European power. All I did was turn it into a HC! Solved the problem - didn't need a converter! Luckily that little 99 had the spoked HW so making it a HC was really easy!

Nancy
    I did the same thing with my Singer 99k, its a dedicated hand crank machine now, came equipped with a spoke wheel; it was an easy conversion. It had a 220 volt motor when I bought it. Maybe its in a such beautiful condition because it had no foot pedal?
    Sharon
    Last edited by purplefiend; 09-16-2012 at 06:04 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
    I did the same thing with my Singer 99k, its a dedicated hand crank machine now, came equipped with a spoke wheel; it was an easy conversion. It had a 220 volt motor when I bought it. Maybe its in a such beautiful condition because it had no foot pedal?
    Sharon
    Sharon, I'd bet having no foot pedal contributed to the nice condition for sure! My 99 was in great condition because it was wired for European power, so it had not been used here for 50 years! The lady who had the machine before me never converted it to use 120!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Now I'm jealous. So many times I have thought if only I lived closer to Nancy so that I could make it to those Girls Night Out events that she is always talking about. Maybe one day it will happen, but for now it is nice to see that Cathy made it to your event!
    It was really nice to see Cathy at Girls Night Out. It would be so much fun if a bunch of us could do Girls Night Out, but most of you are just too far away for an evening of sewing. Luckily, Cathy already knew 3 of us that go to Girls Night Out so she was right at home! It is so nice to be able to go sew with your friends with no husbands bugging us! Sorry guys, but us girls need a night to ourselves once in a while!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    It was really nice to see Cathy at Girls Night Out. It would be so much fun if a bunch of us could do Girls Night Out, but most of you are just too far away for an evening of sewing. Luckily, Cathy already knew 3 of us that go to Girls Night Out so she was right at home! It is so nice to be able to go sew with your friends with no husbands bugging us! Sorry guys, but us girls need a night to ourselves once in a while!

Nancy
    Cathy is that type of person that would be right at home at any sewing event, but it always does help when one knows some of the folks at the event. Were there a couple of vintage machines for Cathy to fine tune? She sure does love tweaking sewing machines and teaching at the same time.

Blog Entries

Nancy
    I wish we had something like that around here... You all are so lucky.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Nancy,
    Because it had no foot pedal, the seller dropped the price $25! Yippeeeee!
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    This one is for sale in Sacramento for $50 via CL if anyone is looking for a Viking Treadle. Pretty cool!
    This one caused lots of drooling!!! She's pretty! I wish my modern Viking had a tall head space like this one does, it would make quilting a lot easier.
    Sharon

Have a problem with my 301. It sews just fine, but I find when I pull the fabric behind the pressure foot to cut the thread, the top thread pulls really hard. Hard enough that the needle bends from the pull. Any help or is that normal for a 301?
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by almond View Post
    Have a problem with my 301. It sews just fine, but I find when I pull the fabric behind the pressure foot to cut the thread, the top thread pulls really hard. Hard enough that the needle bends from the pull. Any help or is that normal for a 301?
    No, that's not normal. It sounds like you've got some lint, crud, old oil in the pressure foot lifting area or tension discs. Check the areas, clean and see what happens.

maybe someone can help me. i have a 15-91 in a cabinet and i love the way it sews. me and my daughter want to take sewing lessons together. in order to do that, i need a portable machine. im looking for a featherweight. are there any differences in the set up/sewing in the 15-91 and a featherweight. AND does anyone know of a website that i can buy a featherweight off of? id like for it to be "refinished" and completely working and have a nice case with it. if there is a better light weight portable singer i could look for, id love to hear about that too!