Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Terryl
Here She Is. Daisy's first photos.
I think Daisy has a rare non factory ad on if I am looking at it right. It should be a way of regulating the stitch and reversing the motor for a back tack feature.

I would have to look at it closer to tell. But other than the case being a little rough for wear it is a really nice looking machine and would clean up wonderfully!!

Billy
Old 05-02-2010, 01:29 PM

She does have a reverse, I didn't know it wasn't factory installed, does that make a difference? She does have a good bit of rust on the bobbin case and a small amount on the wheel, but everything moves so I take that as a good sign. And the case IS much worse the wear. But I'm sure Daisy is going to be a great addition to my family. Her decals look like they're in really good shape.

TERRYL
Old 05-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jody 38
I have a White machine, it's #43-236551. Can anyone tell me how old it is. Also I haven't used it for a long time. The wheel seems to be froze up, how do I go about freeing it up. I don't know what else I'll run into, but all help is welcome.
Jody
Jody can you submit a few photos to help date it?

As far as getting it unstuck WD-40 is you best friend and you can pull the plates off of the machine and start spraying all of the mechanics with it and let it soak for a day or two. Spraying it again every time you walk by it.

I will do a tute about how to unstick a machine, but it takes time and patience. I have only seen one machine I could not unstick but it was in a very damp place and under water for 10 or 15 years.

Billy
Old 05-02-2010, 01:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Terryl
She does have a reverse, I didn't know it wasn't factory installed, does that make a difference?
TERRYL
Well its a neat item to have and it shows that folks were doing things to improve and upgrade the older machines. I bet there not many of them left.

Billy
Old 05-02-2010, 03:20 PM

Ok, ok, ok... I finally bought and brought the Vintage Wrinkle Finish White Rotary Machine home yesterday!!!

The gentleman I bought it from wrote to the Singer Co. but the Husqvarnaviking wrote back and 1931 as the manufacture date. The serial number is 31x19610. Anyway, I fell in love with it when I saw first saw it.

Today I went through all 25 pages of this thread to jot down all of Billy's instructions for cleaning and servicing our machines. So, this next week will be the beginning of being my own machine service person. Whew! I hope I can do it! :roll:

White Rotary Machine w/o top cabinet cover
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35943[/ATTACH]

Wrinkle Finish
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35944[/ATTACH]

White with Jones Handcrank in background
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35945[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-35943.jpe   attachment-35944.jpe   attachment-35945.jpe  
Old 05-02-2010, 03:25 PM

I wanted to add a few more pictures. Hope y'all don't mind.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-35946.jpe   attachment-36602.jpe   attachment-36603.jpe  
Old 05-02-2010, 03:25 PM

What a great looking machine. I like the finish. Glenn
Old 05-02-2010, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
What a great looking machine. I like the finish. Glenn
Thanks Glenn. I thought the fancy bar on the bottom was metal but it turned out to be sturdy wood.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:36 PM

Beautiful Linda!! :)

Can I have your handcrank???? PRETTY PLEASE??? ;) :lol:
Old 05-02-2010, 04:10 PM

I purchased a small Singer sewing machine which is labeled "featherweight". It does not look like the other featherweight machine pictures I have seen. It is white plastic, has 6 stitch options, two speed options and converts to free-arm. I purchased it for a whopping $8.00. What can you tell me about this machine? Is it truly a "featherweight"?