Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3805 of 4413 FirstFirst ... 2805 3305 3705 3755 3795 3804 3805 3806 3815 3855 3905 4305 ... LastLast
Results 38,041 to 38,050 of 44122

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Charlee, take it from an RN who diagnosed her DH's condition even though the MDs all said he was fine but he actually had a problem similar to yours...aortic valve stenosis, among other things...and required surgery. He has a Bovine valve replacement and 3 weeks after the surgery, he was out using a push mower on a hill (much to the surgeon's unhappiness) and that was over 10 years ago. The only problem he has had since was the need to have his pacemaker replaced. He is almost 80 years old and is still out in this Florida heat doing yard work and other much heavier work every day. When he gets too hot or too tired he rests. He also avoids stress and drama.

The advice below is the best...along with resting and not overdoing. We love you so much and depend on your wonderful fountain of knowledge so be a good girl and know that there are many prayers being sent up on your behalf. If at a later time you have to have valve replacement, just remember, the docs can work magic on you like you do on vintage machines.

Love and hugs,
    Donna

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Charlee, Sorry to hear that you have had a series of minor heart attacks. Luckily you can be treated with meds. Life is short regardless of age; so, ignore all drama that causes you stress. Take it easy and enjoy those sewing projects; treadling is good for the soul too.
    Last edited by blueheavenfla; 09-20-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    A potted motor question for those who know about them;

I was piecing some quilt squares with my 201-2 tonight and at the beginning of each piece when I pushed on the knee bar, it wouldn't go. Give the hand wheel a tiny nudge and zoom it would take off. Then it was good to go until the next piece.
    I'm using C&C Dual Duty Heavy thread and I'm wondering if that is causing trouble at the beginning of the stitching or if it's a motor problem.

Earlier I was using the two ZZ attachments and a button holler and didn't seem to have this problem. I was using light thread then. I really don't know if the thread is the trouble or no.

Any body have any ideas?

As much as I know about regular motors, I know nothing about the potted motors.

Joe
    Hi Joe,

Potted motor is very similar to regular SM motor except it's direct drive. Perhaps (?) the brush is sticking or a bad contact somewhere and nudging the handwheel makes things right.

Jon

Charlee

I'm hoping you're feeling better real soon. You're in my prayers (gosh, with all these people saying prayers for you, you can't HELP but get better real soon!!!) God bless you...

Pat

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jennb View Post
    I have a question for those who have a Rocketeer. I have one myself but I've never used it (it was my grandmothers) and I cannot access it to find what info I need. How many cams should there be to make a complete set with a machine. I have one to sell and it has a bag of attachments as well as 5 cams with it, and I wasnt sure how many, if any, were "missing".
    5 cams is correct for a Singer 500 (Rocketeer) - nice machines - I prefer the 503 or 403... Info on sew-classic
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
    Hi Joe,

Potted motor is very similar to regular SM motor except it's direct drive. Perhaps (?) the brush is sticking or a bad contact somewhere and nudging the handwheel makes things right.

Jon
    Jon,

That's pretty much what I was thinking too. I guess I'll have to take the cover off and check things out.

Joe

I also wondered why I had not seen you here recently.Yes, it is good news that you know what is going on and the problem can be helped.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    Charlee, it is probably a blessing that you found out about your condition with two minor heart attacks. Now, you will be able to control the situation and avoid a major problem! Those little warnings are life savers! You are young so this is a good thing - now you will know what to do to control your health!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    5 cams is correct for a Singer 500 (Rocketeer) - nice machines - I prefer the 503 or 403... Info on sew-classic
    The 500 comes with 5 cams, but for the 503 - that does not do any decorative stitches without a cam - there are a total of 21 cams available.

Nancy

I have been wondering where you were. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries
    Charlee, I too have been wondering where you were. Sorry to hear it's been a health problem tho. I agree with everyone on the board that you would be missed if you didn't chat with us. I and my Hubby will be hopeing for the best for you. I don't write much on here but do read every day and miss your festyness as Glenn calls it.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish