Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-26-2010, 01:02 PM

I don't have any info on either of your machines, but just wanted to say what a "marvelous" face plate on the butterfly machine. I want to follow you around while you are shopping!! Don't suppose you are giving out your sources??

Scotlass
Old 07-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Power Poster

These were both on craigslist, Portland - actually located in Kelso, WA. I wouldn't have gone that far but I was following a butterfly... and DH agreed to stop by Fabric Depot on the way home!

Originally Posted by Scotlass
I don't have any info on either of your machines, but just wanted to say what a "marvelous" face plate on the butterfly machine. I want to follow you around while you are shopping!! Don't suppose you are giving out your sources??

Scotlass
Old 07-26-2010, 01:59 PM

Hey Billy,

I found another "Princess". But she's white:> http://sacramento.craigslist.org/for/1862676984.html He said he'd come down a bit after I told him I just got a pink one for $20. But, since I've not been able to get mine up and going, I don't think I'll get another. But it's funny how two popped up closely together. This one may be in better condition than my pink one...
Old 07-26-2010, 02:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Candace
Hey Billy,

I found another "Princess". But she's white:> http://sacramento.craigslist.org/for/1862676984.html He said he'd come down a bit after I told him I just got a pink one for $20. But, since I've not been able to get mine up and going, I don't think I'll get another. But it's funny how two popped up closely together. This one may be in better condition than my pink one...
Oh yours is soo much prettier that that one!! And your right it is funny having two of them pop up that close. Oh and while I am thinking about it you have something on the way to you my dear!!!

And dont worry about the Postage or anything!!

Billy
Old 07-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by dunster
I bought . . . a Butterfly, made in the ROC, which may or may not be vintage. . . .
Butterfly: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-56341-1.htm

Anyone know anything about either of these???
Modern reproduction.
Hey Dunster I think you have a "Made in India" machine on your hands. I need you to take the faceplate off and see if there is a trade mark behind it. I think I know the company that made that machine and if I am right I have buried in this stack of papers a sales brochure from that company with your machine in it. And it was offered in several different colors including Red!!

Billy
Old 07-26-2010, 02:49 PM
Power Poster

I didn't find anything behind the faceplate. The top of the machine says made in People's Republic of China...

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Hey Dunster I think you have a "Made in India" machine on your hands. I need you to take the faceplate off and see if there is a trade mark behind it. I think I know the company that made that machine and if I am right I have buried in this stack of papers a sales brochure from that company with your machine in it. And it was offered in several different colors including Red!!

Billy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-70723.jpe  
Old 07-26-2010, 03:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dunster
I didn't find anything behind the faceplate. The top of the machine says made in People's Republic of China...

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Billy
Well then.....I know I have a brochure for the Butterfly machines because I recognize the shape of the badge. It must be from an Indian Distributor or something because it came with a bunch of documents I picked up from a friend in India.

Billy
Old 07-26-2010, 03:20 PM

Miss a day, miss a lot!

Doug, I hope your surgery went okay. Will be praying for a swift recovery.

It is so neat seeing all the vintage machines! Thanks for sharing pics, and educating all of us as you find out about your machines.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:26 PM

Anna, I don't know what a red eye 66 is? \

Nancy
Old 07-26-2010, 03:31 PM

Ok Billy I will check out that screw, but from my picture is that wire spring suppose to rest on the little rest that sticks out from the tension disk like mine does-- or is the spring wire suppose to go beneath that stop thing?

Nancy