Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-17-2012, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Why do they always want more for a table like that than one with a machine and cabinet?
Plus I always wonder what happened to the poor machine that was in the original cabinet!
Old 10-17-2012, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by KellyD2 View Post
Hello,
I was directed to this site as I searched for information for a vintage treadle machine. It's a Standard Treadle and I believe it to be a model no. 93-V. Anyone have any info? I most likely will use as a vintage piece, not for sewing at this time. It does have lots of attachments. etc in the drawers and it is in good condition.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]370410[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]370411[/ATTACH]
Thanks!! Kelly
Kelly that's a lovely old Standard, and it should be used, not just put on display. It keeps them going, using them once in a while. I think vintagemotif knows about Standards.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:28 PM

Just took him home to let the dog out. Yeah there is a LOT of drama around here - you just don't know the half of it... I've had the threes - all day - at work one of the stupid store managers accused me of breaking 11 of her grocery carts - I'm in there an hour a week or less... just started that store 6 months ago... LOL... If she is so smart why didn't she just give me the same broken cart every week??? Then we have our wonderful (NOT) neighborhood. I'm just not going to go there... too close to home...

Wilbur is doing real well - he suddenly knows his numbers, shapes, colors and the alphabet - DD does not remember teaching him any of that. He's also now talking in sentences, using the potty, staying dry all night and into EVERYTHING an almost 3 year old can find to get into plus he's gained a bit of weight. Major good stuff for an almost 3 year old. DD wonders how long he had that infection.
heehee Miriam maybe you got a budding prodigy. If kept on a meds another week, maybe he would be doing algebra and reading Harry Potter to his siblings. Just kidding. It is interesting how young kids can improve over night. He might have had a ear infection along with the other issues, which made it difficult for him to hear clearly. A low grade fever can drag a person too. My suggestion is keep him away from your sewing machines. Glad to hear he is doing well.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by lee231 View Post
Found these on craigslist. Sorry I posted the reply to link this morning, this is the link to machines.

http://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/atq/3342840802.html

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/atq/3343453045.html

Lovely Eldridge!! I don't see the point of the FW repaints. Just an oddity, and I wouldnt pay extra to get one.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:39 PM

The older I get the more I appreciate my name - nobody else I know has it.
I was called "Jan" by my whole family as long as I could remember, and so did all my friends until I was 40. When we moved to Bakersfield from the L.A. area, I started using my whole first name Janice with anyone I met. I like my name, and I don't meet many others with it. I have met 3 here in 22 years.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:04 PM

Monica,

I have a Standard 'slim'. But its the head only, no attachments or paper work. I do however have the chain stitch spider for the Standard 'stout'. I'm holding on to that spider as bait for that 'stout' head that I will find someday or maybe as a trade for the spider for the 'slim' head.

Cathy

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Nancy, I believe Cathy also owns a Standard.

I do not have any paperwork for my Standard. The paperwork that I have is for a White Rotary. The Standard wheel rotates in the same direction as a White, which is backwards from the Singer machines.

Cathy, Do you have any paperwork for your Standard?
Old 10-17-2012, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Monica,

I have a Standard 'slim'. But its the head only, no attachments or paper work. I do however have the chain stitch spider for the Standard 'stout'. I'm holding on to that spider as bait for that 'stout' head that I will find someday or maybe as a trade for the spider for the 'slim' head.

Cathy
Cathy, Those attachments have a way of finding machines. I don't understand how that works, but it does.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Nancy,

I saw Laura's red table last week. It looks so much better in person than in the picture.
And her basement/ workshop is to die for. I am green with envy.

Cathy
Nancy- and Cathy- thanks for the kind words! I've been like a one legged woman in a butt kicking contest lately, haven't been on the board at all. I will catch up soon! I'm working some extra days and I'm making a sad but sweet quilt for a friend whose 18 year old niece is in hospice...the girl loves pinl and flowers, and so the quilt is really girly. different than I usually do- I just hope I can sew fast enough. I keep coming upstairs to kiss my health kids in gratitude. Laura
Old 10-17-2012, 08:47 PM

[QUOTE=sew wishful;5587883]I don't think I've been one of these people, but if I have I sincerely apologize! I often times have had people take infr from me without another word, but I have found the gift in giving. I don't need a thank you. I have a coworker who writes on the calendar the date of the wedding shower she has given a gift for. If she doesn't receive a thank you before the wedding, she does not give a wedding gift. I just think she is missing the blessing. If I never gave a gift (or information, response, etc) after NOT receiving a thank you, I most likely would never give another gift. What a shame.
I'm getting older....I tend to forget things and as many times as I've written notes, or told myself "I will not forget", I do! An offer of information is not a promise. If I make an offer and after a few days you haven't received it, please remind me. I have a life beyond this quilt board and often forget I was going to do something, or even when to go somewhere. People are human and humans are imperfect. Sad that one may think my forgetfulness is "jerking" someone around, or ignorance on my part.
I'm not "dis'n'" anyone....just thinking life has worse things to offer than this....my sister has lung cancer, my coworker's brother has throat cancer, my brother has an undiagnosed incapacitating pain in his legs and feet, my husband suffered a pituitary tumor, on and on and on! And still life goes on. Forgive and forget. Ignore and move on. LOL!

well said! I tend to read a bunch of messages here- sort of like sitting down for a cup of tea with a friend, only its a friend who is up at the wee small hours, and then not be on the board for a while. so if I've forgotten something, or hurt someone's feelings, I sincerely apologize! Laura
Old 10-17-2012, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by jljack View Post
I was called "Jan" by my whole family as long as I could remember, and so did all my friends until I was 40. When we moved to Bakersfield from the L.A. area, I started using my whole first name Janice with anyone I met. I like my name, and I don't meet many others with it. I have met 3 here in 22 years.
Long long ago when I was quite young, someone called me 'Jan' in front of my mother. She told them that my name was JANIS !!! NOT JAN. and that was the end of it. I have had very few try and call me Jan or Jannie, but it didn't stick. I do have one friend who calls me Janet, but I let her do that. She is years older than I am, and maybe didn't hear my name right the first time. I have heard of only two others that have their name spelled like mine, and my brother in law always spells my name Janice. I tell people that I am a 'Jan is', not a 'Jan ice', and usually they then remember how to spell it. On another note, one of our friends in the same group (with the one who calls me Janet,) kept calling my husband "Don', and when he finally told her that it was Charles or Chuck instead, she insisted that he was kidding. He had to show her his driver's license to prove that he was indeed Chuck and not Don.

Miriam, I'm glad that Wilbur is feeling better and glad that your son wasn't hurt any worse than he was. I'll keep you in my prayers. Your family has had a lot going on lately.

Last edited by Janis; 10-17-2012 at 08:52 PM.