Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3875 of 4387 FirstFirst ... 2875 3375 3775 3825 3865 3874 3875 3876 3885 3925 3975 4375 ... LastLast
Results 38,741 to 38,750 of 43864

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Finally, I figured out the advanced search but found nothing close to the machine, PFaff 297, that has been sold or closed although there were only about 15 listings.
    Sew, I don't know what to tell the woman except maybe do her own research except that I'd like to know more about this machine and its value. Any ideas, anyone?
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Hi Everyone! I've been reminded that I'm a slacker and should get here and post!

I'm better...the meds are helping and I have more energy, still drag a bit, but really am much better!

I confess to spending a lot of time on this upcoming election, reading....reading...and reading some more! Have to make the right decisions! (Altho I've pretty much made up my mind )

No new machines lately, and I haven't even been on Craig's list or to my favorite haunts lately! Starting to feel the deprivation and have been itching to go out and do some serious junkin'!!

Gotta go back and read what everyone has been up to!! ~hugs all around~
    Hi Charlee so glad you are getting better. Good to hear from you again.
    Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

I love the pictures of all the pretty new machines that everyone showed pictures of. Charlee, I'm glad that you're feeling better.
    Sharon

Super Member pumpkinpatchquilter's Avatar
    Gahhh! Happy Sweetest Day to anyone in the eastern portion of the midwest...seems not everyone celebrates this holiday! The Husband has got me pegged pretty well...lookee what I got for my growing collection!

YAY!!! Check out that MONSTER buttonholer too! Lol* I don't think I'll be using it...I'd be afraid to tear up the machine with that puppy! I can't imagine women putting that beast on their machines...it's in the box with the receipt too - the owner paid $10 for the attachment in 1945.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image     
    Valerie Smith - Pumpkin Patch Quilter
    Obsessed Quilter and APQS Long Arm Machine Quilter
    www.pumpkinpatchquilter.com

Pumpkin Patch Quilter,
    I don't think I've ever seen a buttonholer like yours. It is indeed massive! I have a Singer red eye too, love my machine.
    Sharon

Blog Entries
    Pumpkin Patch Quilter,
    What a beast of a button holer. Don't hit anybody with that thing ~ it probably qualifies as a deadly weapon. Can't imagine using one like that either seems to be too big for the machine. Congrats on the gift - very nice Red Eye.
    Chris
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Blog Entries
    Name:  Picture 1243.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  942.7 KBI am going to try to post a picture of the last machine I bought on auction, I also got a cargo trailer that I have to get cleaned up and I am going to stash the stash I have down here in my living room. I think all the stuff I don't plan on using this winter will go out there. I also have some that I am going to send to a couple of ladies who need some help.Name:  Picture 1239.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  1,003.6 KBhas a very nice bentwood case. the latch doesn't lock. need to fix that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter View Post
    Gahhh! Happy Sweetest Day to anyone in the eastern portion of the midwest...seems not everyone celebrates this holiday! The Husband has got me pegged pretty well...lookee what I got for my growing collection!

YAY!!! Check out that MONSTER buttonholer too! Lol* I don't think I'll be using it...I'd be afraid to tear up the machine with that puppy! I can't imagine women putting that beast on their machines...it's in the box with the receipt too - the owner paid $10 for the attachment in 1945.
    I have a big one like that - looks like a bulldozer and an old Singer which is smaller. I'm thinking the bigger one went on an industrial machine and maybe stayed connected - then just use that machine for button holes only. I think it would be putting it on and off the machine rather than using it would tear up the machine. I'm betting you need the plate to cover the feed dogs too. Is it a regular shank?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    Finally, I figured out the advanced search but found nothing close to the machine, PFaff 297, that has been sold or closed although there were only about 15 listings.
    Sew, I don't know what to tell the woman except maybe do her own research except that I'd like to know more about this machine and its value. Any ideas, anyone?

Here are a few completed listings:

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_saca...mplete=1&rt=nc

Jon

The monster button holler is just a camera angle thing. I have two of the Singer versions and they are about the same size. Both bolt up and work just fine on any low shank machine.

Joe