Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3917 of 4396 FirstFirst ... 2917 3417 3817 3867 3907 3916 3917 3918 3927 3967 4017 ... LastLast
Results 39,161 to 39,170 of 43958

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #39161
    Super Member J Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central IL
    Posts
    6,715
    Clare,

    20.00 converts to $32.07 USD according to my currency calculator. It's amazing to me how the price range of these aprons is so consistent from one country to another.

    Joe -- Elaine read this too, but is getting ready for a new job orientation.

  2. #39162
    Super Member nanna-up-north's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,482
    Thanks everyone for your good wishes. I will find out today if I will have surgery. The pain meds make me a little sick but keep the pain manageable.

    Love the aprons. I got a pattern for an apron at an estate sale before we left the cabin...I want to make it but will have to wait for healing. It's probably a 40's style.

  3. #39163
    Member jpete523's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    92
    Blog Entries
    2
    Joe (and Elaine) I checked the prices for vintage and handmade aprons on etsy.com and it looks like your pricing is in the same range as those selling on that site. I often find the etsy sellers' prices more reasonable than ebay's. HTH! Yours are really cute aprons and I wish you good luck.

    Jan

  4. #39164
    Super Member Crossstitcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,002
    Blog Entries
    7
    Joe and Elaine, I love the aprons. I too have patterns but never got around to making one. Have fun selling them I'm sure you will get a lot of compliments on them.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

    Trish

  5. #39165
    Super Member chris_quilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    leavenworth, ks
    Posts
    2,622
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
    Joe and Elaine, I love the aprons. I too have patterns but never got around to making one. Have fun selling them I'm sure you will get a lot of compliments on them.
    Trish, Praying for your surgery and all goes well.
    Blessings, Chris
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

    I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

  6. #39166
    Super Member Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    2,149
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
    Jean, sorry about your arm, hope it mends well. Do you think the FW was trying to tell you something?

    Charlee, glad you are feeling better.

    Nancy I like your little machine and the table runner it is sitting on. You do such nice work.

    Miriam, love the little red head. My neice has red hair and your GD remindes me of her when she was small.

    As for me I will not be able to do much sewing after next week. I have to have major surgery done and Dr. said I can not use a treadle for a while. But, DH reads the quilt board and he will keep me informed as to who bought a new old machine so take care everyone and I'll see you in a few weeks.

    PS Glenn DH said you should name your WW Cinderella. We have one and she has a couple pairs of glass slippers and that is what he call her.
    Trish hope all goes well if you have surgery and God speed a recovery. I think I will name the WW8 Cinderella now that she has her glass slipper.

    Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

  7. #39167
    Super Member BoJangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rescue, California
    Posts
    4,580
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
    Nancy I like your little machine and the table runner it is sitting on. You do such nice work.

    As for me I will not be able to do much sewing after next week. I have to have major surgery done and Dr. said I can not use a treadle for a while. But, DH reads the quilt board and he will keep me informed as to who bought a new old machine so take care everyone and I'll see you in a few weeks.
    Trish thank you, that was one of those "Easy Stripe' patterns that are completely pieced to make the table runner look like it is a panel! Pretty cool the way you have to cut out your stripes and line everything up to make the pattern.

    Trish, I hope all goes well with your surgery!

    Nancy

  8. #39168
    Super Member irishrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cadillac, MI
    Posts
    6,583
    Blog Entries
    19
    Joe, I want to see you in one of the aprons. I think the one with red binding would suit you. I've made some for one GD and for sale at the church bazaar. Elaine, I like your patterns. Very retro.

    Nana, prayers and best wishes on a successful healing of the arm.

    Trish, Prayers and good wishes for you an uneventful healing from your surgery.

  9. #39169
    Senior Member grant15clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    Posts
    773
    The day after I sold a Pfaff 229 automatic. I purchased a Pfaff 230 that was not an automatic. The 229 and the 230 are really the same machine. I really could not find anything that was different between the two other than the number on the side. The automatic and non automatic are pretty similar but the non automatics are much simpler than the automatics. The non automatics can't do all of the fancy stitches that the automatics can do though. The automatics are pretty crowded under the top cover and not easy to work on things that are buried underneath and are very complicated machines. I thought that I would show a side by side of the two machines together. My new friend Kathy, yes you BoJangles, and I were IM-ing each other on this subject and it wasn't just me that didn't know that there were models of Pfaff machines that were automatic and non automatic but carried the same model numbers. I thought that I would pass this along to avoid some confusion for others in the future as well. Name:  Pfaff comparison.jpg
Views: 1011
Size:  756.7 KB

  10. #39170
    Super Member chris_quilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    leavenworth, ks
    Posts
    2,622
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    The day after I sold a Pfaff 229 automatic. I purchased a Pfaff 230 that was not an automatic. The 229 and the 230 are really the same machine. I really could not find anything that was different between the two other than the number on the side. The automatic and non automatic are pretty similar but the non automatics are much simpler than the automatics. The non automatics can't do all of the fancy stitches that the automatics can do though. The automatics are pretty crowded under the top cover and not easy to work on things that are buried underneath and are very complicated machines. I thought that I would show a side by side of the two machines together. My new friend Kathy, yes you BoJangles, and I were IM-ing each other on this subject and it wasn't just me that didn't know that there were models of Pfaff machines that were automatic and non automatic but carried the same model numbers. I thought that I would pass this along to avoid some confusion for others in the future as well. Name:  Pfaff comparison.jpg
Views: 1011
Size:  756.7 KB
    Grant; thank you for the pictures. Wow, very interesting and how complicated the top one looks in comparison to the bottom one ~ that was my 1st thought.
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

    I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.