Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-06-2012, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
Nancy, I had a feeling that was the case. Funny though, they don't list the 299 on either one. THAT might be the difference between the machine model numbers along with features on identical looking machines. Different cam stack needs a different stitch wheel is what I'm guessing. I bet that the cam stack is interchangable between the machines listed together. If that is the case then the mystery might be one step closer to being solved. I saw someone was selling another 229 with the wheel. I hope to contact them and ask what the numbers are on it. I had the envelope it came with for my 229 but I think I remember that the 230 was listed but the 229 was not. Hmmmm. Now I want to know what that one says. ~G~
Ok, I looked again and the stitch wheel for the 229 is the same one as the 230, 332, and 338. I mistyped earlier. I was putting in 299 instead of 229. I changed it in this post but it was incorrect in the previous posts. Sorry about the confusion.
~G~
Old 11-06-2012, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
Trish, good luck on your surgery. We'll have to communicate while we recover. My doctor wants to let this heal without surgery. I'm praying that works. We'll only be able to drool over all the pretty machines and once we're able to sew again, we'll be super busy. At least that's the way it works for me....I know from past experience.
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Nanna, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers too. I hope you mend and won't need surgery. Hubby and I both keep up with the board so he will keep me informed as to what you all have been up to.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:21 PM

Trish,

Best of luck with the surgery and have speedy recovery.

Cathy

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
Old 11-06-2012, 03:28 PM

Default Unknown attachment

I found this in my MIL sewing stuff in MW Locomotive. Can anyone tell me what is and what it is used for.Thank you.

Skip
Attached Thumbnails attachment-001.jpg   attachment-002.jpg  
Old 11-07-2012, 02:51 AM
Power Poster

no idea skip - someone asked me to measure the throat area of the 241 industrial - 11 1/4 inches on mine
Old 11-07-2012, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
I found this in my MIL sewing stuff in MW Locomotive. Can anyone tell me what is and what it is used for.Thank you.

Skip
I don't know what it is, Skip, but I'm thinking it looks like some kind of seam guage. Is there a hole on the bed of the mackine that this device would screw into? Then the toes would slide to different distances from the needle as you tighten it down? I may be way off in my idea so, I'll watch to see if someone knows for sure.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post

Nanna, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers too. I hope you mend and won't need surgery. Hubby and I both keep up with the board so he will keep me informed as to what you all have been up to.
Thanks, Trish.... you're in my prayers....heal quickly.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

Skip
Looks like she just stored her magnet off of the electric can opener in that drawer.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by makitmama View Post
I had used my granny's 201-2 for leather in the past, but it just couldn't handle heavy stuff due to the piddly .6amp motor. The one I order has a 1.5 amp motor, and the one I played with last week was 1.3 amp. Nothing like horsepower- or in this case, Pfaff power!
Amen to that! I was using my Singer 319w yesterday to finish sewing binding on a very small wall hanging I made for Thanksgiving. The 319w is treadle powered, so no problem with the power! But, I first must of bent the needle - then the needle broke! I thought it was out of timing again, but the machine worked fine with a new needle and a not so thick piece of fabric! Have you thought about getting an industrial type machine like a Singer 31?

Nancy
Old 11-07-2012, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
I don't know what it is, Skip, but I'm thinking it looks like some kind of seam guage. Is there a hole on the bed of the mackine that this device would screw into? Then the toes would slide to different distances from the needle as you tighten it down? I may be way off in my idea so, I'll watch to see if someone knows for sure.
Jean, I was thinking the same thing at first. But, every seam gauge I ever saw didn't have two forks for the gauge. They are smooth/flat so they are not so prone to scratch the bed of your machine. Skip is the color of the MW machine that beige? I think that thing came off of something else - maybe, missing part of it? But, who knows - maybe it was someone's brilliant idea for a seam gauge! I don't see how you'd get an accurate seam, though, the way the forks are sloped down, instead of straight down?

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 11-07-2012 at 06:04 AM.