Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3924 of 4372 FirstFirst ... 2924 3424 3824 3874 3914 3923 3924 3925 3934 3974 4024 ... LastLast
Results 39,231 to 39,240 of 43719

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    we were talking the sizes of the working space on machines. I just purchased this Chandler darner with a 28 1/8" throat.

I don't have a clue why I needed it, but I did. So I couldn't talk myself out of buying it. I can't wait to get it home and start cleaning it up.
    Cathy
    Cool machine! I'm glad you got that.

Joe,

Sure, why not?

Miriam,

On the arm it is marked as a darner. It does not have a feed system, so FM quilting should be right up it's alley.

It has had a rough life. It appears to have been dropped on it's handwheel. The machine turns freely but the handwheel has run-out. The first thing I need to do is see if the main shaft is bent or is the runout from a bend handwheel.
    If it is the shaft, I have straighten the main shafts before on smaller machines, so it should be doable.

I can hardly wait. I can't get home until Sunday as I'm on Mom duty since the care giver is not available this weekend.

I'll post more about this on Sunday or Monday.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Cathy,

Can I borrow it to do a couple quilts ..... whoo hooo that would quilt 'em easy.

Joe
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    I'd love to get this machine, but I can't afford $450 for a vintage machine right now! http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/3395116380.html This is one that is left on my wish list! I could mend all my tack with that machine - I'd bet!

Nancy
    I didn't realize that what I had was worth that much. I will definitely have to take care of it. DH bought on auction for $25 I think. wasn't much anyways. need more room. more more more more. With the storm today am going thru my stuff looking to see if I can help bluelady out when she got volunteered to make quilts for boys in Afghanistan. her DIL thought they could just whip them out in no time flat. 15 no less. Amy

Judy,

If you come to one of the TOGAs you'll get to see it. BTW, I responded to your post on the Gold Country TOGA yahoo groups. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer View Post
    Cool machine! I'm glad you got that.
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Blog Entries
    I have some sad news tdoday. Texas Jan's (quiltdoctor) husband Dick passed away today. I have been talking with her and is as well as can be expected. I talk to her daily and will keep you informed of her well being. She will not be on the board for awhile so you may direct your question to me. Please give her your prayers. Thank you

Skipper
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Glenn, Thank you for the update but, so sorry to hear of her husband's passing. She will be in our thoughts and prayers.
    I know you will pass along our sympathy and thoughts to her.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Glenn,

Pass on our sincerest condolences to her.

Joe and Elaine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I have some sad news tdoday. Texas Jan's (quiltdoctor) husband Dick passed away today. I have been talking with her and is as well as can be expected. I talk to her daily and will keep you informed of her well being. She will not be on the board for awhile so you may direct your question to me. Please give her your prayers. Thank you

Skipper
    Skip, I have had Texas Jan in my thoughts so much lately. I even asked a while back if you knew something. I have been afraid to e-mail her - I didn't want to bother her. I knew what she was going through. I am so sorry to hear the news, they fought so hard.

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    we were talking the sizes of the working space on machines. I just purchased this Chandler darner with a 28 1/8" throat.

I don't have a clue why I needed it, but I did. So I couldn't talk myself out of buying it. I can't wait to get it home and start cleaning it up.
    Attachment 375626
    Cathy
    Cathy, that is one crazy machine! I can't wait to see it in person - and see what you do with it!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amyjo View Post
    I didn't realize that what I had was worth that much. I will definitely have to take care of it. DH bought on auction for $25 I think. wasn't much anyways. need more room. more more more more. With the storm today am going thru my stuff looking to see if I can help bluelady out when she got volunteered to make quilts for boys in Afghanistan. her DIL thought they could just whip them out in no time flat. 15 no less. Amy
    WHAT??????? Obviously the DIL does not sew! I think I'd just roll over and give up if someone volunteered me to make 15 quilts. They must be small quilts???? Jeeze!

Nancy