Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3925 of 4411 FirstFirst ... 2925 3425 3825 3875 3915 3924 3925 3926 3935 3975 4025 ... LastLast
Results 39,241 to 39,250 of 44107

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Glenn, please forward my condolences to Texas Jan in the loss of her husband. They both fought the good fight.

I'm so sorry Jane's husband has died. I hope she will eventually find peace in her memories and support from family and friends.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    Nancy, I believe you're right about being able to do all your tack on that machine. It looks a lot like the one my uncle has and he makes his own saddles/bridles (or did) and repairs saddles/bridles for a select few friends.
    Chris
    Chris the guy who use to repair my tack/saddles has passed. I would love to hang out with your uncle! I am thinking about making an offer on that machine! It would be so cool to own one of those cobbler machines in a treadle. I have no desire to make saddles, but it would be cool to be able to re-sheepskin/repair them! I need to meet an old saddle maker to teach me how!

Nancy

Skip,

Please give my
    condolences to Jan. I will keep her in my prayers.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I have some sad news tdoday. Texas Jan's (quiltdoctor) husband Dick passed away today. I have been talking with her and is as well as can be expected. I talk to her daily and will keep you informed of her well being. She will not be on the board for awhile so you may direct your question to me. Please give her your prayers. Thank you

Skipper
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Nancy,
    You think I can get away with sneaking it into the house unnoticed? Maybe a bow on it and put it under the Christmas tree from Santa.

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Cathy, that is one crazy machine! I can't wait to see it in person - and see what you do with it!

Nancy
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Nancy,
    You think I can get away with sneaking it into the house unnoticed? Maybe a bow on it and put it under the Christmas tree from Santa.
    it sorta looks like someone tried to stick it down the chimney - you might get by with putting it under the tree...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Thanks I am passing along to Jan all your condolelnces and prayers.
    Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Glenn, please give Texas Jan, my condolences on the loss of her husband.
    Anamaria
    "A change of feeling is a change of destiny."
    -Neville-

Blog Entries
    Glenn count me in there with the condolences, too
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Nancy,
    Hummmmm at 28 inch neck? Now let's see, how could you hide a machine with a neck that long? NO, I don't think you can sneak something like that machine in the house - even my husband would notice that! Hehehehehehe

Nancy