Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3927 of 4376 FirstFirst ... 2927 3427 3827 3877 3917 3926 3927 3928 3937 3977 4027 ... LastLast
Results 39,261 to 39,270 of 43755

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    I just thought the ones I have were clones with no decals yet.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    I picked up three more project machines this weekend. A Kenmore Stylist 86, a Singer Model 15 that I had thought was a clone at first, and a Singer 99-13 in a bentwood case. <snip>Attachment 375965<snip>
    Grant, your 15 is a clone. Several clues, but the most obvious is first; the presser foot tension adjuster is pure clone and second; to the left of the belt guard you can see a little silver dot. That is an oil tube. The singers have this further to the left on the body of the machine.

Nice machine though.

I'll be realllllllly surprised if you find any Singer markings on it. More than likely when you look underneath you'll fine a J-A, C, or other letter mark on things like the bobbin case, hook, and perhaps the linkage too.

Joe
    Last edited by J Miller; 11-11-2012 at 11:14 AM.

The stitch length/ reverse lever is not at all like any Singers that I'm familiar with nor are the decals.
    Is 'Singer' stamped onto any of the bars on the underside of he bed?

Cathy
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Late here, but all good thoughts and sympathy for Jan's terrible loss. Please add my name , Skip. Thanks Laura
    Last edited by nurseknitsLaura; 11-11-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Nancy,
    You think I can get away with sneaking it into the house unnoticed? Maybe a bow on it and put it under the Christmas tree from Santa.
    Cathy DH said to wrap it in a white pillow case and put a goose head on it and set it in a bed of straw as a christmas decoration. By the time christmas and new years are over he will have forgotten about it.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

You know, I'll look at it tomorrow. I bet there are no Simanco markings on it anywhere. I should have looked at that first I guess. ~G~
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Grant, your 15 is a clone. Several clues, but the most obvious is first; the presser foot tension adjuster is pure clone and second; to the left of the belt guard you can see a little silver dot. That is an oil tube. The singers have this further to the left on the body of the machine.

Nice machine though.

I'll be realllllllly surprised if you find any Singer markings on it. More than likely when you look underneath you'll fine a J-A, C, or other letter mark on things like the bobbin case, hook, and perhaps the linkage too.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
    Cathy DH said to wrap it in a white pillow case and put a goose head on it and set it in a bed of straw as a christmas decoration. By the time christmas and new years are over he will have forgotten about it.
    Trish; This is a fabulous idea. Wish I could employ that. Maybe I'll skip the tree and decorate some of the vintage ladies with Christmas decorations and put presents around them. It'd be simpler than dragging out the tree and all that goes along with that.
    Chris
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

I'm pretty excited today. Nailed a Willcox and Gibbs. Came with original box and attachments!!! Decals are almost perfect which is what I have come to insist on. Sews but does need footpedal rewired. Will need a little French Polishing but overall I like it. Does anyone have a good source for needles?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

DanofNJ, Those decals are in great condition. Congratulations on your find! I bought some Organ 40/100 needles (size 16) off of ebay that were reasonably priced. I found more places/people that sell them by Googling but I've only purchased off of ebay so far.

Thanks Judy...they are hard to find. I'll look into it.