Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3941 of 4384 FirstFirst ... 2941 3441 3841 3891 3931 3940 3941 3942 3951 3991 4041 ... LastLast
Results 39,401 to 39,410 of 43840

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Cathy, Miriam,

I couldn't see the timing mark on the cam stack when I took it out so once it was cleaned I'm going ... Oh Oh now what. So if I just put it back in it will be OK. That's good. I hope to pick up all the parts to put it back complete today. That's why the clean up and lube job.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    It sort of reminds me of my New Home T No 3, but different too. The shape of the slide plates and needle plate are the same, but the tension is not on top like most of the New Homes. The decals are really purrrrty. Yes, it does look like a 28 too? Actually more like a 28 to me than a New Home, but it is full sized isn't it?

Nancy
    Full size

Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Glenn,

I'm a little late to the party. This is one beautiful machine. According the Needlebar it is a New Home model "P". The picture that they have is listed a 1917 version. They said it was imported into England during or after WW1 when German machines weren't being imported.

Cathy
    Cathy thank you for the info on my HC. It is a pretty thing. Something told me it was a New Home. The SN is 3668651
    Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Cathy thank you for the info on my HC. It is a pretty thing. Something told me it was a New Home. The SN is 3668651
    Skip
    change the sn to 3663651 Sorry

Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Sorry for being MIA again...seems that life wants me to keep busy!! My oldest son and his wife have come home to "roost" for a bit, so I don't get much computer time. I've also been busy with another activity...and that occupies quite a bit of time...and trying as well to get a few things done for the holidays...

Jan, I was so sorry to hear of your husband's passing...wish I could be there to give you a big hug!

I'll try to be around more often...I really miss you guys!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Let's see...... do you miss us more than we miss you???????? Don't think so!!! I Know that I really have missed you.
    Welcome back!

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Sorry for being MIA again...seems that life wants me to keep busy!! My oldest son and his wife have come home to "roost" for a bit, so I don't get much computer time. I've also been busy with another activity...and that occupies quite a bit of time...and trying as well to get a few things done for the holidays...

Jan, I was so sorry to hear of your husband's passing...wish I could be there to give you a big hug!

Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Blog Entries
    Charlee, good to see you again but do take care of your self and don't get over worked.
    I am back home now after surgery on Wed. Things are going slow but getting better every day. I missed a lot of reading on the board but DH has kept me up to date. He has found out that he is very busy during the day doing what I usually do and what he usually does but he is doing quite well at it.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Blog Entries
    Didn't know you were Irish?? At least you have a touch of the "Blarney" going there. Thanks though.

Texas Jan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post

Thanks Charlee. I gave my Wheeler Wilson irons that you gave to me a nice pat when I was going past them yesterday. Whatever machine eventually ends up with those irons will be named Charlee for sure.

Texas Jan

Blog Entries
    I picked up a 'Rodney' sewing machine - made in Japan - looks like 1960s two tone blue with some nice knobs and buttons on it. I've been trying to figure out how to get the top off. No pic yet - GKs showed up. The bigger kids watched a video so my helpers were Miss L and Wilbur. Wilbur had to tear himself away and 'help' grandpa cook chicken on the grill. They love it at the shop - all kinds of dangerous chemicals, grease, oil, heavy sewing machines - tiny parts - Q-TIPS! yeah Q-TIPS! - buy stock youall.... Anyway. As I was pondering the 'Rodney' Miss L my 'helper' comes in and wants to know what I'm doing. So I explained it to her and she sat and looked and looked - we didn't get it off - we did figure out how to get it loose. That machine all oiled up is slick! I'm thinking Rodney will hot rod! It will do zz and FM and ss - that's it. It just looks like it ought to sew itself. So in comes Walter and Wilbur - where do they head - straight for 'Rodney' So many buttons and knobs!!! Screwdrivers. Wow and it is a BLUE sewing machine!!! Do all guys grow up with knobs and buttons on their brains? The top of that machine and the nose is all one piece - there is a big nut type thing under the top that holds it on - then the pressure regulator keeps it from coming off. I don't think I want to remove that thing. Last time I did one I had a shaft hit the ceiling... Miss L and I looked the rest of the machine over and discovered that the motor cord was melted - someone must have used liquid wrench on it or something - it was a nearly a puddle. So Miss L and I took the motor off and looked at how I was going to fix that. The wires are soldered on, Glenn. Then we 'discovered' a PINK - yes Rodney came with a PINK foot control poor Rodney - how embarrassing... Then I messed with 2 Singer 306 machines. Those will hot rod too. They have cool knobs and levers but they just aren't two tone and BLUE - just only godzilla brown. So I tested a New Home and a White - it was missing a bobbin winder - I stuck one from a donor on there. So much for my plans to get the Kenmore machines fixed. Oh and Joe, I messed with that Good Housekeeper I got at GW, Joe - Melinda I might need a manual - all but one knob seems to work now. Is that suppose to have a clear plastic cover over the front? Seems a bit wonky. We tested out every type of old cam I have in the place - nada... none fit. The one Kenmore I started with - one knob still frozen up. I'm thinking I might buy myself a Dremmel tool for my birthday.

Sure good to see Charlee around again and Trish & Pat too.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill