Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3943 of 4386 FirstFirst ... 2943 3443 3843 3893 3933 3942 3943 3944 3953 3993 4043 ... LastLast
Results 39,421 to 39,430 of 43851

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Miriam,

I had a Japanese made machine a few years ago that the top and nose were all one piece.
    To get 'under the hood'. the top hinged on the (I think) the right side. Look for hidden hinges.

Cathy
    So far all I've found is a nut on the bottom side of the top - I tried to pivot the cover after I took the nut off but it didn't go very far - I tried to lift and pivot and I tried to lift it off - I don't like taking those pressure regulators apart so I will probe some more. I think I like that machine - seems very well made and lightly used.

"Now Miriam, Good ole Rodney surely isn't embarrassed about a pink foot control. Everyone knows that a good blue (male) machine needs a good pink (female) controller to keep him in line. You know, kinda like the humans...every man needs a good female to keep him in line...oops, I mean HAPPY."

You are right - I wlll leave that pink (female) controller on Rodney so he won't miss her controlling ways. I almost woke up DH when I read that...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    So far all I've found is a nut on the bottom side of the top - I tried to pivot the cover after I took the nut off but it didn't go very far - I tried to lift and pivot and I tried to lift it off - I don't like taking those pressure regulators apart so I will probe some more. I think I like that machine - seems very well made and lightly used.

"Now Miriam, Good ole Rodney surely isn't embarrassed about a pink foot control. Everyone knows that a good blue (male) machine needs a good pink (female) controller to keep him in line. You know, kinda like the humans...every man needs a good female to keep him in line...oops, I mean HAPPY."

You are right - I wlll leave that pink (female) controller on Rodney so he won't miss her controlling ways. I almost woke up DH when I read that...
    Miriam, when are we going to see a photo of "Rodney?" I am really curious about this machine! Is Rodney something you just named this machine, or does it say Rodney on the machine?

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Rodney says RODNEY right smack across the front - I'm up to my eyeballs doing 3 days work in 2 so I'll have to shoot Rodney sometime when things settle down
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    Rosie, can you see a belt in the picture? It sounds to me like it's missing a belt.
    Yes I can see the belt. But I missed out on the fabulous deal, mostly due to myself. I have my eye on another featherweight I just need to convince my son to go for a drive this weekend. lol!

It could also mean that the washer under the hand wheel knob is up side down. If the motor runs and it turns the hand wheel that would be the first thing I would check. Cheap fix too! ~G~
    Quote Originally Posted by rosie99 View Post
    Yes I can see the belt. But I missed out on the fabulous deal, mostly due to myself. I have my eye on another featherweight I just need to convince my son to go for a drive this weekend. lol!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    It could also mean that the washer under the hand wheel knob is up side down. If the motor runs and it turns the hand wheel that would be the first thing I would check. Cheap fix too! ~G~
    That was my guess too.

Miriam,
    OH No. Don't shoot Rodney.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Rodney says RODNEY right smack across the front - I'm up to my eyeballs doing 3 days work in 2 so I'll have to shoot Rodney sometime when things settle down
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Blog Entries
    Miriam, you need a stallion in your herd so be sure to use the camera when you shoot him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Miriam,
    OH No. Don't shoot Rodney.

Cathy

Poor Rodney, He still gets No Respect, No Respect At All I Tell 'Ya. ~G~

Quote Originally Posted by blueheavenfla View Post
    Miriam, you need a stallion in your herd so be sure to use the camera when you shoot him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
    Charlee, good to see you again but do take care of your self and don't get over worked.
    I am back home now after surgery on Wed. Things are going slow but getting better every day. I missed a lot of reading on the board but DH has kept me up to date. He has found out that he is very busy during the day doing what I usually do and what he usually does but he is doing quite well at it.
    Trish I just went back and read this post! I hope you are doing great after having surgery!

Nancy