Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3961 of 4416 FirstFirst ... 2961 3461 3861 3911 3951 3960 3961 3962 3971 4011 4061 ... LastLast
Results 39,601 to 39,610 of 44160

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    OH What A Lucky Gal you are....it is absolutely gorgeous, not envious just extremely[ ok alittle] happy for you. Such a nice thoughtful gift.
    dee fox
    cedar city ut and i am a fabricaholic & i have a few other addictions-scrap booking is right up there w/ fabric

'Happy' is actually the name of the manufacturer. The Happy Sewing Machine Company made really nice, high quality machines. Most if not all of the machines for Montgomery Ward were made by Happy during the 1960s. I think very highly of all of the Happy machines that have pasted through my hands.
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    I have been working on a Montgomery Ward machine - it is molded 'Happy' in the bottom end of things. I have a clone molded 'Riccar' in the exact same places - go figure. I'm starting to look under them for that kind of thing. I may post some pics later today. Well if I remember.
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Want to bring him over? I'd love to 'play' with Rodney and check out his pink controller.

Cathy (I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist.)

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Geeze, my "Rodney" is not a fluke? I can see why some of them were named certain names, but "Rodney" just seems kinda weird to name a sewing machine! My Rod was just incredulous that anyone would name a machine Rodney - now two different versions? How funny is that!!!!! I'd get that one too, if I were within driving distance!

Miriam, those wires looked melted together, who knows why. But, did you see the machine had been serviced in 1995? We are trying to figure out how to get it open so I can clean and oil inside?

Cathy, this machine is cast in one piece from the top to the front. In order to get the top off to oil the machine, we'd have to take off the foot pressure release knob on top? I don't know how complicated it would be to put it back? There is no other way to oil the thing? Have you dealt with a machine like this before? I am afraid to use it much without oiling/cleaning it? I can oil the bottom and inside the back door, but there is no way to get oil in the front or top?

Nancy
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Blog Entries
    Name:  Rodney top removed.JPG
Views: 185
Size:  1.29 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Nancy,

The presser foot tension adjuster is an assembly. It just unscrews like a regular one. It won't come apart.
    There is probably a screw on the right side behind the hand wheel, and a screw or a spring latch under the front end.

It's not rocket surgery, you can do it .....

Joe
    Ok Joe, you were right. And, Miriam you were right too. There is a screw under the head - unscrew that screw and take off the foot pressure release knob . . . . it all came right off!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Here you go Nancy...what looks like a "white scrape" is actually a wisp of cotton from when I was doing a totally unnecessary cleaning....it stuck to a little screw and I missed pulling it off until after I saw the picture! LOL!

Attachment 379447
    Oh I LOVE that machine! What I read is that Pfaff used letters for models on their earlier machines, then went to a numbering system later on!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Want to bring him over? I'd love to 'play' with Rodney and check out his pink controller.

Cathy (I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist.)
    Hehehehehehehe, I think I will keep that controller around here for me to play with! Giggle, giggle!

Nancy

Nancy,

I said the small post sticking out from the right side of the bobbin winder was for a grinding wheel. Can you post a picture of 'that funny looking thing on top' of your machine. I'm not sure what we're talking about here.

Cathy

Charlee, can you post a photo of the back of your Pfaff? According to Cathy, that funny looking thing on the top of my machine is for a grinding wheel. Nancy
    Cathy

Blog Entries
    Oh I LOVE that machine! What I read is that Pfaff used letters for models on their earlier machines, then went to a numbering system later on!

Nancy
    Yep, they did....the model "K" became the Pfaff 11, and the model "L" became the Pfaff 12...

This machine is AMAZINGLY clean! I've never gotten a machine that I didn't have to at least clean lint out of and this one doesn't even have that! No oil buildup, nothing except a bit of exterior dust and some lint/old oil in the drip pan!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Nancy,

I said the small post sticking out from the right side of the bobbin winder was for a grinding wheel. Can you post a picture of 'that funny looking thing on top' of your machine. I'm not sure what we're talking about here.

Cathy
    I think we established that the bracket on top of Nancy's machine was for an aftermarket light...
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Charlee,
    Thanks. I couldn't remember that far back to that old conversation.
    Gee, It's GREAT having you back with us.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    I think we established that the bracket on top of Nancy's machine was for an aftermarket light...
    Cathy