Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3973 of 4374 FirstFirst ... 2973 3473 3873 3923 3963 3972 3973 3974 3983 4023 4073 ... LastLast
Results 39,721 to 39,730 of 43734

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    now that would give you a whole new look for a sewing machine
    Miriam, I've never actually seen a Sewing Machine with a real flame job!
    ~G~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    Miriam, I've never actually seen a Sewing Machine with a real flame job!
    ~G~
    would it make the machine go faster???
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltingweb View Post
    Thanks Joe, I was going to say, I found some high shank feet in a box of other attachments, and yes, they do work just fine. I was a bit tentative at first, but they do work. Oh, and it is an exact twin of the Aldens DeLuxe 146B.

Barb
    Thank you Joe and Barb! It is great to know that high shank feet work on these left needle machines! Now, I am on the look out for some high shank feet/accessories since I now have 3 of these left needle machines!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
    My son has gotten the estate sale bug so I went with him today since there was a crank machine listed and I've been wanting one. So, he carried it for me since I can't with my broken arm. I thought it looked like a 127/128 but when
    I looked it up (G508841) it said it is a model 15. So, I looked up the manual and now I'm really confused. My machine has a shuttle..... the manual I found pictured a round shuttle. So, what model is it? Once I am able to use my hand again, I'll have to clean it up cause it's pretty dirty. But, everything moves and I like the decals. I'd like to find out the model so I can find out what needle to use, etc.
    Jean, if you didn't leave out a number in your serial number, you are right. Singer does list your machine as a Model 15 in their serial number data base! But, that is an error! Your machine is a 128 with the classic La Vincendora decals that were exclusively on the 28/128's! Beautiful hand crank machine! You are lucky, you got the machine with what looks like an original HC - not the added on HC made in China with Chinese characters all over it! Nice machine! It will be beautiful when you get it all shined up!

Nancy

what do you use on the places where the wire wrap stuff rots on to the machine in a hard to remove pile?
    The safest way to remove it is with a lot of patience, a manicurist orange stick, and a blow dryer. The orange sticks have a flat end and are soft enough not to mar the machine's finish. Heat the gunk with the hair dryer, scrape with the orange stick, repeat.

would it make the machine go faster???
    Miriam, I don't know, but it would make ME go faster!!!
    ~G~

Nanna,

You just found one of Singer' many data errors. You have a model 128. The date is probably correct though.
    It sure is pretty. They have such a nice little clicky-clacky sound when stitching. I love mine.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
    My son has gotten the estate sale bug so I went with him today since there was a crank machine listed and I've been wanting one. So, he carried it for me since I can't with my broken arm. I thought it looked like a 127/128 but when
    I looked it up (G508841) it said it is a model 15. So, I looked up the manual and now I'm really confused. My machine has a shuttle..... the manual I found pictured a round shuttle. So, what model is it? Once I am able to use my hand again, I'll have to clean it up cause it's pretty dirty. But, everything moves and I like the decals. I'd like to find out the model so I can find out what needle to use, etc.
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Happy St. Nicholas Day to All! May your shoes be full of wonderful treats and sitting beside them a new vintage sewing machine!

For those looking for a sewing project to make with that special vintage machine, here is a Santa PP project:
    http://seehowwesew.wordpress.com/201...lock-is-ready/

Enjoy!
    I love that Santa! Will have to make it, for sure! If you go back a couple of pages, Santa already brought me a "new" machine!! (He had my son and DIL deliver it for him! LOL)
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    While we are on the subject, Has anyone seen this belt tensioner before, built right into the motor housing?
    ~G~

Attachment 380562
    Grant,

Yep, I've seen and touched such a machine. It was a 28 or a 128 my LSMG owns. I've got a full set of pics of it too. I wouldn't mind having one of those motors.

Joe

Grant, Nancy, and Cindy, Thanks for the info. I knew it looked like a 128 but when the ismacs site said model 15 I couldn't believe it. I am going to have to unstick the bobbin winder.... it's not turning and the rubber tire is hard. Those aren't to difficult to find, are they? Maybe there is something that would soften it without having to replace it.

Glenn, are you out there tonight? The decals look a little fragile..... can I just use oil to clean them up without damage?

I am getting so anxious for this arm to get healed. I have 5 machines to clean up now..... I really can't do much with only one hand. I start therapy for my hand and elbow tomorrow.....maybe I'll be back to sewing soon.