Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 12-24-2012, 08:35 AM

Crosstitcher,

Please dont let this one "ROTTEN APPLE" seller detract you from buying a machine on ebay again. Despite their and PP's exhorbitant seller fees, I have sold 3 machines there totaling nearly $3000.00 and

I like it because it gives my listing the widest exposure to an audience that I can find. I find CL is good if you are in a larger metro area, here about the only thing I can sell on CL are small things and an occasional furniture piece. I have only found 1 decent machine at the local GW store, it was a Viking 180, bought for $6 on 50% off day, bought a manual and a cord and sold it for $200. It was like new, plastic still covering the face plates.

I had a machine arrive at my house in pieces one time from a bad seller who maybe just didnt understand what to do. A hole was punched into the lid from the spool pin, it was awful. Then she proceeded to file the insurance claim from the USPO and kept the money to boot. However that just made me more cautious. I pay for everything with PP, they have promptly gotten my money back for me whenever there was a question. I also make sure to deal only with a seller that has favorable feedback and the more the better. As for the lady who kept my money..well, I believe in karma and I am sure she will get what shes got coming to her some day.

When I pack a machine, I pack the inside securely, using tape to make sure nothing moves inside, then I put the lid over it and wrap the whole thing in bubble wrap and securely tape the wrap to the point where it is one big lump. I have had sellers write back to me later to complement me on the way I packed it.

I am glad you got your money back, I hope you will soon find an even BETTER machine to buy and it will be a good experience

Jody

But, when opened we found it was packed with store plastic bags and thin building insulation. The machine was dropped at the handwheel end and the shaft that goes through the machine was bent so hand wheel will not turn. Seller never said machine would not turn. Anyway we contacted the seller and he said send pictures which we did. He came back and said it was packed good and that we made the box look damaged and we loosened the hand wheel screw to make the shaft look bent. Told us it was buyers remorse.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:40 AM

Here is wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year. Thank you for all your help this year.

Skipper and Pat
Old 12-24-2012, 10:40 AM

Wishing those that celebrate Christmas, a merry and joyful day! May everyone have a healthy and prosperous New Year! Happy Treadling to all!!
Old 12-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Trish, buy your machines from Miriam and you won't have any damage! She is the best at shipping and I should know. I have bought 4 machines from Miriam now! Miriam I can't remember - I know I bought the Pfaff 230, 260, Singer 301, and the Rodney machines from you - is that all? Hehehehehehehe

Nancy
HHHMMMMM You might be my best customer!!!
Old 12-24-2012, 11:25 AM

Wishing all a very Merry Christmas and a joyous New Year. For those of different faith traditions, I hope your holidays are blessed as well.

Chris
Old 12-25-2012, 05:36 AM

Merry Christmas, everyone! Happy Solstice, happy Kwanza, happy Hanukkah, and happy holidays!
Old 12-25-2012, 06:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
Wishing all a very Merry Christmas and a joyous New Year. For those of different faith traditions, I hope your holidays are blessed as well.

Chris
Well said - DITTO!!!
and sit and giggle a while - it'll do you good.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:04 AM

Query:

The 15-91 I rewired, cleaned and lubed makes a kind of a dry sound when I use it. Totally different from the 201-2. It's almost the kind of sound a machine makes when some part hasn't gotten lubed in a long time. I've Tri-Flowed this machine till I'm blue in the face and the noise persists.
It sounds as if it's coming from the bobbin end, but I can't be sure.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Joe
Old 12-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Query:

The 15-91 I rewired, cleaned and lubed makes a kind of a dry sound when I use it. Totally different from the 201-2. It's almost the kind of sound a machine makes when some part hasn't gotten lubed in a long time. I've Tri-Flowed this machine till I'm blue in the face and the noise persists.

Joe
LOL I know the feeling... keep looking and oiling...
Old 12-26-2012, 11:28 AM

Joe,

Take the bobbin case and hook out. Does the sound persist? I have caught myself forgetting to put oil on the hook before putting it back in. The class 15 machines are nosier than the 201s are, but as you know they shouldn't sound dry. I agree with Mariam, keep looking and Tri-flowing it. (Is Tri-flowing a word???)

Cathy

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Query:

Joe