Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4011 of 4403 FirstFirst ... 3011 3511 3911 3961 4001 4010 4011 4012 4021 4061 4111 ... LastLast
Results 40,101 to 40,110 of 44027

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Normal is a relative term
    I have close relatives that AREN'T normal. I have a blood test - I'm normal.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    I'd save that blood test results for future use against the relatives that aren't normal.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
    I'd save that blood test results for future use against the relatives that aren't normal.
    sorta like a trump card?
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    yep! Never know when you may need it to defend yourself. Maybe I should get a blood test. but wait it may not turn out normal.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Blog Entries
    yep! Never know when you may need it to defend yourself. Maybe I should get a blood test. but wait it may not turn out normal.
    Had me worried sick they would find out the truth...

Blog Entries
    I went zig-zagging with my Ferrari today! I hooked up the motor to my Necchi Supernova just to see how fast the machine would go. I forgot how fast the Necchi Supernova can go, and how quiet it sews. After treadling for so long, it was a bit daunting to deal with that speed while sewing. All I was doing was zig-zagging the edges of the material for a pair of pants that I started today. I prefer to treadle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Had me worried sick they would find out the truth...
    Now you know why I don't get blood test
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    No new post on here for a while. Guess everyone is repairing,refinishing machines or quilting up a storm. Hope everyone is ok and just busy. I have been busy quilting and DH busy working on a machine.
    Trish I think everyone's busy trying to keep their New Year's resolutions! I am busy trying to finish all my unfinished projects, then after swearing I would not start another quilt until I finish a couple that have been sitting around - I started another Mystery Quilt! But, in my defense, I got two quilts quilted, working on the 3rd one now! So I guess I am not completely breaking my New Year's resolution yet!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    I went zig-zagging with my Ferrari today! I hooked up the motor to my Necchi Supernova just to see how fast the machine would go. I forgot how fast the Necchi Supernova can go, and how quiet it sews. After treadling for so long, it was a bit daunting to deal with that speed while sewing. All I was doing was zig-zagging the edges of the material for a pair of pants that I started today. I prefer to treadle.
    Geeze, Monica I know what you mean going from treadling to electric! I was in a Mystery class Sunday all day with the pedal to the medal going on all 10 machines there! It was crazy! I came home with most of the clues done because I was going with the flow - pedal to the metal using my 301. Now, I am enlarging the quilt top - making extra blocks - using my 319w in treadle - much more relaxing way to sew!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammy Jeann View Post
    So here is the Wilson Rotary all cleaned up.. And she is sewing up pretty little lines.
    If you have a spare minute there is a funny story on my blog about what happened last night.. lol involves my boyfriend and the Wilson.
    I should have taken a picture of the knots he created..
    Attachment 388103Attachment 388104Attachment 388105Attachment 388106
    Tammi, yep I can relate to what your boyfriend did! Men just have to mess with stuff! Nice Wilson! You know, your Wilson was made by White. You can date that machine going to the White site. It looks like your machine is in very good shape. Congratulations on getting it all ready to go! I hope your boyfriend enjoys making his jean's quilt!

Nancy