Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 01-18-2013, 05:38 AM

~grin~ The way you and Skip go at it? I'm DYING to watch!!
Old 01-18-2013, 05:58 AM

My wife tried to take videos of me treadling my 9W-7 but the camera gave her troubles. I'd love to see Miriam treading. All it takes is rhythm.

Joe
Old 01-18-2013, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
~grin~ The way you and Skip go at it? I'm DYING to watch!!
Oh, to be a fly on the wall for that. I could see it. QB's first podcast.
~G~
Old 01-18-2013, 06:48 AM

Have been busy lately...I've been trying to teach myself to knit socks! Don't have a clue as to why I want to knit socks, but for some reason I just HAVE to do it! I'm not doing too bad...have one sock almost done. I'm super slow at it, so I MIGHT have a new pair of wool socks for next winter!

Have been helping a customer clean out his storage unit...he and his wife live in Hawaii, and she has been very ill, so their dream of a second home here has been dashed...he gifted me with a service for 12 of the Franciscan "Desert Rose" china, with just about every serving piece you can think of. The other biggie that he gifted me with was one of her half finished quilts...Double Wedding Ring, absolutely beautiful work, hope I can do it justice when I attempt to finish it! There were two completed wallhangings and a Rowenta iron and quite a lot of smaller sewing notions too...
Charlee, I have also been making socks. The problem is, by the time I finish one sock I am tired of that yarn and that pattern! The solution is that I am now making 2 socks at a time using a circular set of needles! So much fun to do 2 at a time. When you are done, you are done - both socks completed at the same time! Go to Knit Picks and check it out!

Nancy
Old 01-18-2013, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
It does look nice. Are you going to put in a case or a cabinet?

Joe
I haven't decided yet, but leaning toward a case as I am running out of room for cabinets. To all the comments on the yellow Brother-he hasn't arrived yet, I am so excited.
p.s. I can't get the bobbin case to stay in the aqua kenmore.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:29 AM

craftiladi,

Clean the bobbin case pocket thoroughly. Then clean the bobbin case too. Make sure the latch is free to move with the little spring. Then when you put it in make sure it latches before you turn loose of it. I have a couple that are sneaky like that. You think they are in place and two stitches later the case falls out. Oh what frustration.

Joe
Old 01-18-2013, 10:58 AM
Power Poster

http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...s-t211311.html
new post - old topic but it is so buried on here... I just warmed it over and gave it it's own thread...
Old 01-18-2013, 01:20 PM

Have been busy lately...I've been trying to teach myself to knit socks! Don't have a clue as to why I want to knit socks, but for some reason I just HAVE to do it! I'm not doing too bad...have one sock almost done. I'm super slow at it, so I MIGHT have a new pair of wool socks for next winter!

Have been helping a customer clean out his storage unit...he and his wife live in Hawaii, and she has been very ill, so their dream of a second home here has been dashed...he gifted me with a service for 12 of the Franciscan "Desert Rose" china, with just about every serving piece you can think of. The other biggie that he gifted me with was one of her half finished quilts...Double Wedding Ring, absolutely beautiful work, hope I can do it justice when I attempt to finish it! There were two completed wallhangings and a Rowenta iron and quite a lot of smaller sewing notions too...
I have also learned how to knit socks, I do them 2 at a time, have made many pair in the last 2 years. Never would finish the second sock till I tried this method, really like it.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:40 PM

Oh, lucky you! I love Franciscan Desert Rose! I was just talking about learning to knit something more than a dishcloth. I am soooooo slow.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:27 PM

Thanks for the encouragement on the knitting! I'm (so far) knitting just one at a time, but I can see definite advantages to knitting both at once!

Lyncat, if *I* can do it, so can you! I'm terribly slow, and I've made a few mistakes, but overall am pretty pleased with this one sock that I've done so far! Give it a try!!