Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4025 of 4376 FirstFirst ... 3025 3525 3925 3975 4015 4024 4025 4026 4035 4075 4125 ... LastLast
Results 40,241 to 40,250 of 43755

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Nancy,

The wire 'thingy' is bent differently at each end. Place the tip of short bend in the hole on the bottom third of the faceplate. The other end is hooked to the screw on the presser foot. This holds the foot so that it rides just over the fabric. It does not hop.

Cathy
    Thank you Cathy! I am going to give it a whirl! I will let you all know how well this wire thingy works.

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
    Here is our newest lady. A Davis she wouldn't treadle or let us turn her hand wheel. But DH got her going after a good oil bath and gentle talking to: I was able to sew with her and she has a great straight stitch. Serial # 602740 the number under the slide plate is 642. It has the wooden pitman arm. Also have a question about one of the attachments. There is a scalloped hemmer you use with the ruffler. On the scalloped attachment there is a piece missing. Was wondering if any one else has this. We could make a copy of the part needed so DH could make another. It looks like a small saw blade. If he had a copy or tracing with the sizes he could make another. Any idea how old she might be?
    Trish, WOW I love the Davis! Be very careful with her decals - they are fragile! You are lucky to have the decals in that good a shape! You will love sewing with that machine! My Davis, actually both of them - the Davis Vertical Feed and my Davis New Vertical Feed, are both great machines! The only problem I have with my 2 Davis machines is that the New Vertical Feed will not fit in the original Vertical Feed's cabinet! I wanted to be able to interchange them, but no go! Anyway, you will love love love that machine - it is so much fun to sew with!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Modern Home View Post
    Can anyone tell me any info on my moms White Rotary?
    Attachment 390466Attachment 390467
    Modern Home, do you have a serial number? That looks like a White FR or Family Rotary in a crinkle finish. The FR was manufactured from about 1890 until about 1930.

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Steve was a project you are taking on. The W&W 8 and W&W 12 are very lucky machines to be found by you! I can't wait to see the end results. I also love the little General Electric. I would not hesitate to get one of those if I found one! Now everyone on here is wanting a little General Electric machine!

Nancy

As promised here is the Wilson Rotary popped back into its cabinet after it was refinished by my b/f. He also rewired the machine and added a foot peddle to it. I had him put the knee peddle back into the cabinet. It can be rewired if need be.
    Name:  100_4573.JPG
Views: 229
Size:  124.1 KBName:  100_4570.JPG
Views: 203
Size:  127.3 KBName:  100_4571.JPG
Views: 223
Size:  145.7 KB

Nicely done!!! The wood glows...

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Steve was a project you are taking on. The W&W 8 and W&W 12 are very lucky machines to be found by you! Nancy
    And to CarolineS as well regarding the comments from the Photos section.

I am sure going to try.

I have in my queue of Early machines:
    Still need to make a "portable" hand-crank base for the Howe that I just did
    The Wheeler & Wilson #12
    The Wheeler & Wilson #8
    A second Howe that should be arriving today.

I feel like I should donate money to QB for all of the HDD space my Pics use up.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    I feel like I should donate money to QB for all of the HDD space my Pics use up.....
    Nah they have so much advertising and you are a star attraction
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Nah they have so much advertising and you are a star attraction
    awwww garsh....shucks ma'am... thanks.

I think it is cool that I have folks to share the obsession with that do not think i'm a nutball....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    awwww garsh....shucks ma'am... thanks.

I think it is cool that I have folks to share the obsession with that do not think i'm a nutball....
    LOL I know what you mean there... I took a blood test - I'm normal - you might consider getting a blood test...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill