Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4030 of 4411 FirstFirst ... 3030 3530 3930 3980 4020 4029 4030 4031 4040 4080 4130 ... LastLast
Results 40,291 to 40,300 of 44107

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

photo quiz on CL

What's wrong in the photo and what is the machine?

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/atq/3576998678.html

Quote Originally Posted by lee231 View Post
    What's wrong in the photo and what is the machine?

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/atq/3576998678.html
    Its a National machine, the photo is the backside of the treadle cabinet for starters. The slide plate is missing so its a good bet the shuttle may be gone as well. I have a Vindex B National Treadle but it looks nothing like this one. I'd guess this one is from the mid to late 1910s.

Blog Entries
    Jenn The cabinet is worth that if you turn it around, but I'm not going to run down to get it. My little Leader made by National wouldn't fit in there, besides it looks like it's been varnished.

Quote Originally Posted by jennb View Post
    <snip>Oh and I'll be spending the time figuring out where in the world I can put this one...I may have to move my treadmill to give this one a home.
    Yeah, ditch the treadmill. You can make the Pfaff your new exercise machine! (I want to add one or more German treadle machines to my hoard/herd, too. I have none right now but I am keeping my eye out!)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jennb View Post
    *doing the happy dance*

I just bought one of the machines on my wish list. It was on Craigslist yesterday in Colorado Springs. Paid him and my mom is headed over to go pick it up. She'll deliver it to me in 2 weeks when she's here for a visit. Its a Pfaff treadle. I know it is missing a drawer and it doesn't have any attachments but it DOES have the shuttle and bobbin. We have a collection of about 75 drawers from that estate so I'll start there to see if one fits, if not I'll be on the lookout. I know a couple of you have this machine here so advice is certainly welcome!

Attachment 391393
    Attachment 391394
    Attachment 391395
    Attachment 391396
    Attachment 391397
    Jennb, congratulations on your 1906 Pfaff treadle! She is beautiful! It is really neat to own a piece of history like that when you know that treadle is only here because someone loved it enough to bring it over! Pfaff's were not imported into this country until much later. The drawer is no big deal - they are pretty small. The cabinet looks great. The coffin top is in amazingly great shape. Have fun with her!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    This is the next treadle I would get if I could find a place to put it! Jennb, I understand your dilemma with the treadmill! My problem is I already got rid of a lot of stuff to make room for the treadles I already have, but boy would I love to have this Adler! http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/3577363926.html

Nancy

Has anyone ever figured how many calories are burned when sewing with a treadle?

I think I need a treadle - my legs could use a bit of 'shaping'.

Well, the space issue is only temporary until we get the guest house done. I have most of my machines in storage there right now but I have 13 or so machines in the house right now. I use my treadmill because its the only way I can get my walking done since my children are home all day long with me.

I'm on the lookout for the drawer, an oil can, and the pincushion and the flower shaped felt spool pads that were part of it at one time.

My first FW arrived yesterday the little "Raven" beauty, she's in wonderful condition, case need polishing but who cares, will need to get some more bobbins and some lubracant. I am just so excited. Spent the evening wiping and oiling. Forgot my camera will show a picture soon. Now for that treadle. lol

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    This is the next treadle I would get if I could find a place to put it! Jennb, I understand your dilemma with the treadmill! My problem is I already got rid of a lot of stuff to make room for the treadles I already have, but boy would I love to have this Adler! http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/3577363926.html

Nancy
    wow that Adler is stunning!! I'd jump on it too...if I wasn't broke.