Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4036 of 4396 FirstFirst ... 3036 3536 3936 3986 4026 4035 4036 4037 4046 4086 4136 ... LastLast
Results 40,351 to 40,360 of 43953

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    I am so bummed out today. I went to my local quilt store for our monthly Girls Night Out last night only to learn that the store would be closed starting today to prepare for their final 'going out of business' sale. None of us knew this was coming - had no idea! It really put a damper on the festivities last night - everyone was really upset! We love this shop! I have taken tons of classes and enjoyed this shop for the last 5 years! It is so sad to see it go! I guess on a positive note, I won't be spending as much money on fabric, etc., in the future!

Nancy
    Nancy, Sorry to hear that your local quilt store is closing. Maybe a group of you can rotate homes or meet at library for that Girls Night Out. Is there a guild that is close by for you? I'm glad that you were able to pick up the Alder, another for your private museum. Enjoy!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Nancy, Sorry to hear that your local quilt store is closing. Maybe a group of you can rotate homes or meet at library for that Girls Night Out. Is there a guild that is close by for you? I'm glad that you were able to pick up the Alder, another for your private museum. Enjoy!
    Thank you Monica. I will post some of my own photos after I get it cleaned up. This machine is very interesting. It has a grove for the treadle belt to make the machine fast or slow. The book is in German so my son's MIL read some of it last night. The small belt grove is for sewing. The large belt grove is for embroidery so you can go slower with more accuracy! DH says this machine is like a bike, where you have a large sprocket and a small sprocket. I learn more and more all the time. I am pretty sure none of my other treadles have this feature!

Cathy, I got the bobbin winder to engage, but I will take you up on the tire. The tire on this machine is shot. I haven't tried the needle yet. Still oiling and cleaning.

Anyone know how to date an Adler? The serial number is 208232. I am already in love with this machine. I love the face - it reminds me of my Wheeler & Wilson's, which are 2 of my favorite treadles.
    Last edited by BoJangles; 02-03-2013 at 05:15 PM.

Just started working on my newest find...looks promising after a few hours of clean up. This is my second White Treadle....1890.... I love these treadles and they are the reason I got into the hobby besides from my recent fixation with the Bernina's.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DanofNJ View Post
    Just started working on my newest find...looks promising after a few hours of clean up. This is my second White Treadle....1890.... I love these treadles and they are the reason I got into the hobby besides from my recent fixation with the Bernina's.
    Dan your White is very pretty. It always amazes me when I see a machine as old as your White with decals still in good shape.

I know what you mean about the treadles. Treadles are still my first love, but it is just so hard to house them! I said I'd never separate my machines from their treadles, but I have started doing just that! I can't keep all the treadles! I now have 3 treadle cabinets in my storage unit, but their machine is on a shelf in my sewing room! One of the treadles I don't have is a White! Nice find! I would like to eventually have a treadle from each manufacturer! Did I say that? Oh geeze, I HAVE to stop!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    You Japanese 15 fans - anyone want a Marlboro? http://sacramento.craigslist.org/for/3575380187.html

Nancy

You Japanese 15 fans - anyone want a Marlboro? http://sacramento.craigslist.org/for/3575380187.html

Nancy
    I have that same machine, but its badge says Ambassador...and its in better condition. I can't say I've ever seen one say Marlboro before though!

Quote Originally Posted by DanofNJ View Post
    I must say, even if some of the White machines don't sew quite as nice, they sure went out of their way to make gorgeous machines and cabinets. I haven't seen this particular one before, and its really pretty! My whites are my prettiest of all the machines I have I think...except for the irons on my National Vindex B. They're my favorite.

Nancy
    I love some of the names that clones have on them. Marlboro is one of the best so far though. Jokes just write themselves. - Does it come in a cabinet, case, or carton? Does it chain stitch or chain smoke? Nice machine but I can't get it to stop smoking. The only Marlboro that doesn't cause cancer.
    Sorry, I just couldn't help myself Nancy.
    ~G~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    I love some of the names that clones have on them. Marlboro is one of the best so far though. Jokes just write themselves. - Does it come in a cabinet, case, or carton? Does it chain stitch or chain smoke? Nice machine but I can't get it to stop smoking. The only Marlboro that doesn't cause cancer.
    Sorry, I just couldn't help myself Nancy.
    ~G~
    ROTFLMBO - you are just too funny!!! I haven't seen a 'Marlboro' - maybe it was a premium if you sent in enough seals or something.... The way some people sew and smoke it might not have taken very long to get one of those.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    ROTFLMBO - you are just too funny!!! I haven't seen a 'Marlboro' - maybe it was a premium if you sent in enough seals or something.... The way some people sew and smoke it might not have taken very long to get one of those.
    LOL. Yea, How many "Marlboro Miles" does it take to get a sewing machine? We should ask the seller. The best one was the "Mountain Bike" for something like 10,000 Miles (or pop). No one that smokes that much would be on a bike, let alone on a Mountain riding a bike. I never did understand that one. Butt (pun) did you notice that it has a blue foot controller? Not pink. What would Rodney say?
    ~G~